Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    I was wondering how long it would take for people to blame the podcast for distracting Miller if we went on a losing streak. Not even sharing an opinion either way, but knew that would be coming.
    It’s completely normal.

If your child starts taking on more extra curricular activities during their school year and shortly after adding those new activities, his or her grades start to slip, do you not start wondering if the extra time spent doing those new activities is using up time that once was spent on their schoolwork and therefore part of the reason that his or her grades are slipping? Do you as a parent not then start to think about having your child cut back on some of those extra curricular activities at least until they can show they can get their grades back up again?

While the Sean Miller podcast is enjoyable, it’s only natural for fans to start to question whether or not the extra time Sean is spending recording and possibly even preparing for these types of activities might be taking away precision time he may have previously used dissecting, strategizing and problem solving his team’s issues and thus might at least one contributing factor this team’s current poor play … and if Sean, cutting back on some of these non-essential activities might make sense until he gets his team to improve to the point where they are playing much more like a Xavier team is expected to play.

It’s one thing to accept that this X team may not have quite the level of talent (or that they’re just not currently showing the level of skill) that we have come to expect from a typical X team, but the amount of inexcusable number of mistakes they have been making (lazy passes that have lead to turnovers, poor shot selection, poor ball movement on offense, lack of toughness on defense) is something no X fan or coach should accept.
    Last edited by IM4X; 12-07-2023 at 12:33 PM.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    It’s completely normal.

If your child starts taking on more extra curricular activities during their school year and shortly after adding those new activities, his or her grades start to slip, do you not start wondering if the extra time spent doing those new activities is using up time that once was spent on their schoolwork and therefore part of the reason that his or her grades are slipping? Do you as a parent not then start to think about having your child cut back on some of those extra curricular activities at least until they can show they can get their grades back up again?

While the Sean Miller podcast is enjoyable, it’s only natural for fans to start to question whether or not the extra time Sean is spending recording and possibly even preparing for these types of activities might be taking away precision time he may have previously used dissecting, strategizing and problem solving his team’s issues and thus might at least one contributing factor this team’s current poor play … and if Sean, cutting back on some of these non-essential activities might make sense until he gets his team to improve to the point where they are playing much more like a Xavier team is expected to play.

It’s one thing to accept that this X team may not have quite the level of talent (or that they’re just not currently showing the level of skill) that we have come to expect from a typical X team, but the amount of inexcusable number of mistakes they have been making (lazy passes that have lead to turnovers, poor shot selection, poor ball movement on offense, lack of toughness on defense) is something no X fan or coach should accept.
    I can (almost) promise you Sean Miller not doing the podcast would have zero impact on out team improving.

Maybe he should skip the post game interview with Byron and Joe. Shouldn't he be in the locker room screaming at the players or dissecting tape or going over the stat sheet?

Maybe he should not agree to the coaches show every Tuesday?

Maybe it's his wife who is pissed about the podcast bc the 2 hours he used to be home is now only 1.

Are people really thinking that by doing the half hour/hour podcast that Sean is neglecting some sort of coaching responsibility that is causing out team it's issues??
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

All-Conference
    It’s completely normal.

Difference is, your child doesn't have an army of resources to ensure performance remains constant. If the team falls down this much because Sean decides to do a pod to increase visibility into the program, then the staff isn't up to snuff.

Not saying that's what happened, but to blame any of this on a pod is insane.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Difference is, your child doesn't have an army of resources to ensure performance remains constant. If the team falls down this much because Sean decides to do a pod to increase visibility into the program, then the staff isn't up to snuff.

100%.

Public reps since the man is holding me down.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post

Fair enough.

Just to be clear, I am not personally blaming the poor performance of this team on Sean doing the podcast. I am simply saying I can understand why fans may be looking at it or any extra thing Sean is doing this year as a possible distraction, when the team is underperforming.

Personally, I have more faith in Sean’s ability to make this team better than any coach we’ve ever had. I am about as big a Sean Miller fan one can be.
    I know he’ll get this team playing harder and smarter.

I brought it up, and it's definitely not a serious concern of mine. Just something I could live without him doing while the team blows goats.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    100%.

Public reps since the man is holding me down.
    Exactly how am I holding you down D-West?

Good grief!

My comments were not my personal feelings. It was just an explanation as to why others might be pointing to the podcast as a potential distraction.

Personally, I really like the Sean Miller podcast. I think Baum and Fritschner are very good at asking the questions people would love to hear answers to and i think Sean is able to do what he does best- tell great stories.
    Last edited by IM4X; 12-07-2023 at 01:42 PM.

Supporting Member
    I think we have reached four horsemen of the coaching apocalypse status. Good gawd.

Exactly how am I holding you down D-West?

Good grief!

My comments were not my personal feelings. It was just an explanation as to why others might be pointing to the podcast as a potential distraction.

Personally, I really like the Sean Miller podcast. I think Baum and Fritschner are very good at asking the questions people would love to hear answers to and i think Sean is able to do what he does best- tell great stories.
    He's giving you public reps because he can't give you rep points(if you know what those are). He's agreeing with what you are saying
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    He's giving you public reps because he can't give you rep points(if you know what those are). He's agreeing with what you are saying
    Actually, he was giving them to me.