Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Xavier Practice Yesterday

Fred Garvin (Male Prostitute) and I went to the practice yesterday! Here are snippet recaps:
    Sean is an incredible teacher in practice with all 2 hours 33 minutes fully utilized.
    The kid who impressed us the most was Kachi Nzeh. What an athlete, long arms and he can score. Ousmane looks like the only legit rebounder for now with bulk. That is until the Euros and Dailyn Swain get more experience.
    No question that Dez will be the offensive focus with probably McKnight as the starting PG. Kam Craft was running around looking healthy but like one of the X admins told me, he was behind other guys in reps due to his injury. Even though he couldn't participate, Jerome sat through the whole practice and was there for his teammates. I was told the reason for his cardiac issue is still undetermined, which is the difference between he and Bronny James. The Euros know their fundamentals but they look like they need some bulk. Afraid they might get pushed around in the Big East but we'll see. Backcourt looks deep and good.
    There was lots of time spent in running offensive concepts drills because of all the new guys. Defense drills were impressive and, yes, they practiced free throws.
    Sean & staff are amazing!
    A great day for a preview!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Good stuff. Thanks.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Freshman
    Thanks for the update. Was Freemantle there? Any opinion on Reid?

Thanks MOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Fred Garvin (Male Prostitute) and I went to the practice yesterday! Here are snippet recaps:
    Sean is an incredible teacher in practice with all 2 hours 33 minutes fully utilized.
    The kid who impressed us the most was Kachi Nzeh. What an athlete, long arms and he can score. Ousmane looks like the only legit rebounder for now with bulk. That is until the Euros and Dailyn Swain get more experience.
    No question that Dez will be the offensive focus with probably McKnight as the starting PG. Kam Craft was running around looking healthy but like one of the X admins told me, he was behind other guys in reps due to his injury. Even though he couldn't participate, Jerome sat through the whole practice and was there for his teammates. I was told the reason for his cardiac issue is still undetermined, which is the difference between he and Bronny James. The Euros know their fundamentals but they look like they need some bulk. Afraid they might get pushed around in the Big East but we'll see. Backcourt looks deep and good.
    There was lots of time spent in running offensive concepts drills because of all the new guys. Defense drills were impressive and, yes, they practiced free throws.
    Sean & staff are amazing!
    A great day for a preview!
    Great stuff, MOR. Thanks for sharing.

It is a damn shame that Jerome will not be able to suit up this year for Xavier. However, in thinking about the young man and his basketball career, I am very happy for him that ge got to go out "on top" for the most part.

Think about it. If I recall correctly, he was the overall #2 pick coming out of Ohio high school basketball his senior year. He decides to go to IU. That didn't work out, so he lands at Xavier with Travis Steele, where he wanders along with potential, but no meaningful coaching guidance. Along comes Sean Miller and BAAM! Jerome Hunter ends up with a solid season and establishes himself as a key cog in the S16 run.

He may have regrets in some instances when he looks back, but he will always know that his final trajectory was a thing of beauty for himself and Xavier Nation.

Knowing that he was there for the entire practice, encouraging his teammates, makes me like him even more.

I did notice what's his name dropping X out of this year's forecasted NCAAT - first one out. Silly fool. Sean Miller says hold my beer and Primanti's sandwich and watch this.

Go X!
    X A V I E R

Sophomore
    n/a - comment was already made...

I have plenty of faith in Miller, but in the 30 seasons since I first enrolled at Xavier I would say this is the team most shrouded in mystery. I have literally no idea how this team will play or how good they will be. I wouldn't be shocked if they missed the Tournament or if they were a 2 or 3 seed and went deep. It kind of makes the anticipation for the season more fun. That sense of mystery might be less fun if a lesser light were our coach, of course.

Coach Miller takes unknown quantities and makes them better. Steele took known quantities and made us wonder what we were supposed to actually know them for.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

From Miller in the Rothstein article, he seemed to be saying Hunter could be back.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    From Miller in the Rothstein article, he seemed to be saying Hunter could be back.
    Until they can put a definite diagnosis on why Jerome had the problem, he will not be seeing the court. And that has not happened.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell