Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    If you are a 5* - 5K is chump change.
    Of course it is, you'll be making a million easy, but why not increase profits when you can?? You know you're gonna make more, but screw it , why not get a Louis Vuitton bag out of it while you're at it. At 17 years old, I'd definitely be in that line of thinking I'd assume.

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    I could be wrong, but didn’t the NCAA get rid of the maximum number OV’s a recruit can take?

Edit: meant to respond in general and not specifically to quote.
    https://www.ncsasports.org/ncaa-elig...fficial-visits

You sir, are correct according to this link, interestingly enough in that link is this paragraph: "Some schools will be able to finance your whole trip, paying for transportation, meals, lodging and tickets to a home game. But this is the maximum of what colleges can provide for their recruits. Some programs simply may not have the money to pay for your entire visit, opting to finance just a small portion of your visit. An official visit can also include having an on-campus lunch or dinner that is purchased by the coach. It doesn’t have to last the full 48 hours—again, that’s the maximum amount but not a requirement."

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    If NIL money is to pay the players for the use of their name, image, or likeness, how does getting paid $5K just to visit a school involve using their NIL? Would the school publishing a story about the visit qualify?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Honestly not sure, here's the link about the Ohio State AD talking about it: https://www.dispatch.com/story/sport.../70910413007/; really he's saying federal legislation is needed to the House Committee on Small Business in a written testimony. I also have zero idea how this counts as name, image, likeness, unless I guess it's when recruits dress up in the uniform and take pictures, but I find that more for them as they're the ones to post it on social media?? I do agree with the Ohio State AD that there needs to be a more structured sense of guidelines, as things like this that we're talking about make absolutely zero sense to me.

Freshman
    Just curious to all of you. Is there a difference between a coach getting all of this when he goes to another school rather than a player? I'll hang up now and listen to your response!

Quote Originally Posted by basket View Post
    Just curious to all of you. Is there a difference between a coach getting all of this when he goes to another school rather than a player? I'll hang up now and listen to your response!
    Yes. The coach is employed as a professional.

Quote Originally Posted by basket View Post
    I'm not against college guys getting paid at all, get your money when you can, who knows when injury/freak accident can happen, and athletes generate a lot of revenue for schools, I understand both sides of the coin, but I'm perfectly okay with it. I just think it should be regulated or at least resemble SOME sort of structure that way it's a bit more level of a playing field, I very much do not blame any 5* recruit that is pocketing $5k per visit, I'd do the same exact thing in that situation.