Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Freshman
    Yes, for whatever reason, after McGuff left, the bar was lowered for what the program was willing to accept. Amy Waugh certainly botched her chance (and she was a risk worth taking, IMO, but for whatever reason it didn't work out).

None of the coaches hired since have come to Xavier with accomplishments that would suggest they would succeed at this level. And obviously they haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by HomerCecil View Post
    Yes, for whatever reason, after McGuff left, the bar was lowered for what the program was willing to accept. Amy Waugh certainly botched her chance (and she was a risk worth taking, IMO, but for whatever reason it didn't work out).

None of the coaches hired since have come to Xavier with accomplishments that would suggest they would succeed at this level. And obviously they haven't.
    I still don’t understand this last hire, unless that was the best they could get.

X is up 14-6!!!!!

AND.......the lead is gone. Shocking.
    Last edited by GoMuskies; 03-08-2024 at 03:37 PM.

Outscored 39-8 since my post. This one's on me, guys.

Supporting Member
    $20 we double our win total next year? Any takers
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

I think we quadruple it. The non-conference schedule will surely be exceptionally soft. Like find the ten worst teams in the country (not named Xavier) plus UC soft.

Freshman
    Xavier wraps up the season at 320 in the NET rankings. Here are the other teams ranked 316-325:

FDU
    Central Michigan
    Alcorn
    Charleston Southern
    Xavier
    Lafayette
    Eastern Michigan
    Merrimack
    Lindenwood
    Marist

Here are the worst teams in each of the other power conferences (although to be frank, outside of UConn, it's a stretch to call this version of the women's Big East a power conference; not a good year). No other team was outside the top 200, let alone the top 300:

ACC: Pittsburgh (162)
    Big 10: Northwestern (189)
    Big 12: Houston (99)
    Pac 12: Arizona State (109)
    SEC: Kentucky (147)

Aizhanique Mayo made the all-freshman Big East team. Hopefully she comes back next year. Last year's all-freshman team member, Fernanda Ovalle, didn't come back this season. I also hope the staff plans to recruit some post players.

Greg Christopher should be mortified.