Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

US Women's Soccer

The US Women's Soccer team plays tonight.

Will they

Kneel
    Stand Silent
    Stand and Sing the National Anthem

We shall see
    Balls of Steele!!

My vote is that most will stay silent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Supporting Member
    D. Beat the shit out of the Netherlands
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Supporting Member
    Hopefully rapinoe gets punched in her penis

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    My vote is that most will stay silent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kinda like Mitch?
    2023 Sweet 16

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    I need someone to catch me up on when we went from are they standing or kneeling to now evaluating if they are singing or not. Does moving your mouth get you extra points even if you aren't really singing in your head? Does singing along in your head but not moving your mouth while doing so lose you points? Does it only count if the person next to you can hear you sing? I need answers!
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    Xavier super fan Rose looked great in limited minutes. Almost brought home the win, but for sure rescued the draw. Need to handle Portugal to make it to the knock out stage.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    I need someone to catch me up on when we went from are they standing or kneeling to now evaluating if they are singing or not. Does moving your mouth get you extra points even if you aren't really singing in your head? Does singing along in your head but not moving your mouth while doing so lose you points? Does it only count if the person next to you can hear you sing? I need answers!
    Normally it is not a big deal to sing. Most do not and that's okay.

On the international stage, to sing your national anthem is more than common. I'd say it's more like 90% sing. In the first game played, it was very apparent that the US players were not even interested as there were only two players singing/or mouthing the words. No hands on hearts or anything resembling national honor. That is a very very uncommon on the international setting.

If you've every gone to an international game, singing your national anthem loudly and proudly is a pretty cool experience and it's awesome to see other countries fans so vocal as well.
    Balls of Steele!!

Junior
    I don’t know what you’re all talking about, but I think they’re overpaid.

(\sarcasm)
    zip em up

Supporting Member
    Singing or not signing I mean whatever but what I don’t understand is why the us women’s soccer team continually gives off this aura that they are so oppressed and very judgmental on the United States. Our country isn’t perfect by any means but it’s better than most especially when it comes to women’s rights and the gay community which they seem to prioritize so much.