Thread: Huggins Saga

Huggins Saga

So now that he's claiming he did not resign... does he start showing up to practices and things?
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    So now that he's claiming he did not resign... does he start showing up to practices and things?
    Hopefully, that would be entertaining.

I'm guessing this a ploy to get more money as he walks away, because there's zero chance they are hiring him back.

Junior
    Probably still thinks he's in Columbus.

Is Huggs just rolling into his office at WVa like nothing happened? Kind of like that episode of Seinfeld where Kramer went to a job he really didn't have....
    Veritas vos Liberabit

This is a very sad way to end a career. Not surprised at all. WVU knew what they were hiring. The knew he was a big drinker. Not to have the resignation buttoned up is very surprising considering the amount of money at play. The people running universities are supposed to be smart.....right?

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Lol, pull a George Costanza?

Apparently that story came from Larry David’s real life. He quit as a writer on SNL and gave Lorne Michaels the business on his way out, only to realize he was broke. That night he crafted the “genius” idea to show up the next day as if nothing happened.
    "It's like X wasn't given enough to do, so they had to promise it more. Okay, you don't start a lot of words, but we'll give you a co-starring role in tic-tac-toe. And you will be associated with hugs and kisses. And you will mark the spot. And you will make writing Christmas easier." -Mitch Hedberg

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    There was also an episode where George tried to show up as if nothing happened, but his employer and co-workers tore him a new one before he was forced to leave in shame.

Sophomore
    Just an educated guess, but presumably his contract had a clause setting out he could be terminated for cause for conduct detrimental to the university, and he’s just forcing the University to invoke it. Most likely that clause is tied to some severance he forfeits if he “resigns.” So it’s all about the money. Again, just an educated guess.
    Last edited by Roach; 07-18-2023 at 12:37 AM.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roach View Post
    Just an educated guess, but presumably his contract had a clause setting out he could be terminated for cause for conduct detrimental to the university, and he’s just forcing the University to invoke it. Most likely that clause is tied to some severance he forfeits if he “resigns.” So it’s all about the money. Again, just an educated guess.
    Oh its definitely about money. It just makes Huggins look like an even bigger mess than he already is.

Its damaging his relationship even more with the place probably loves the most. He threw his wife under the bus. And it makes him look completely moronic and incompetent more than he already did.

WVU probably couldn't believe their luck when they got a resignation from Huggins. Now he pulls this.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17