Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Junior
    I need a meme of Paul Rudd’s character from Anchorman turning to look directly into the camera while saying: “Dildogate!”
    zip em up

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    Peters was at UC from 1999-2004

When I heard the Huggins' story it did sound familiar to me, but I couldn't say when or where it happened.

I doubt that the traditional Cincinnati media would focus on it at all. They would have wanted to focus on the game and this is just too much to explain for an audience that would include minors. But it might have come up on sports talk radio.

If Peters' wife did collect them in her purse, she might have done it so quickly that a lot of people not near the bench didn't notice.
    Please don't try and rationalize that buffoons lies, lmao.

No one noticed the multitude of huge (his implication) dildos thrown by Xavier nuns and "the whole arena" at Bob Huggins? Lunacy.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

This pretty simple. Just ask this Peters guy, or Mrs Peters if she took a purse full of peters to church and dumped them on the priest. Surprised no one has followed up on that. I think Huggy got his peters mixed up.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Not rationalizing anything. Just sharing my reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    This pretty simple. Just ask this Peters guy, or Mrs Peters if she took a purse full of peters to church and dumped them on the priest. Surprised no one has followed up on that. I think Huggy got his peters mixed up.
    Peters died in 2014. I actually thought this same thing and was looking up where he's working now.

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    Not rationalizing anything. Just sharing my reaction.
    P Doc would have written for weeks about the Xavier fans throwing dildos at Huggins.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

A friend of mine knows the Peters family. He's looking into it for me.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    P Doc would have written for weeks about the Xavier fans throwing dildos at Huggins.
    Probably followed by a paragraph saying the Shootout has lost its luster.

There were nuns at Xavier? Sister Rose?
    This is my two cents. Huggins uses "nuns" referring to the Xavier team, not religious sisters. Not necessarily a derogatory anti-catholic remark, but more probably he meant it stereotypically indicating a really despised or pitied basketball team . I myself have said certain teams inflate their OOC schedule by playing The Poor Sisters of Mercy. (I know, l'm going to burn).

What I am not condoning is anyone using an anti-LBGTQ remark! Words are powerful and can hurt!

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Huggins statement:

"Earlier today on a Cincinnati radio program, I was asked about the rivalry between my former employer, the University of Cincinnati, and its crosstown rival, Xavier University. During the conversation, I used a completely insensitive and abhorrent phrase that there is simply no excuse for — and I won't try to make one here.

"I deeply apologize to the individuals I have offended, as well as to the Xavier University community, the University of Cincinnati and West Virginia University. As I have shared with my players over my 40 years of coaching, there are consequences for our words and actions, and I will fully accept any coming my way. I am ashamed and embarrassed and heartbroken for those I have hurt. I must do better, and I will."

———-

I too never saw (nor heard of) anything being thrown at Huggins or onto the court.
    In fact, if X sues WVU and gets a settlement, I think those of us who were at any of the Crosstown Shootout games he was part of should get a cut. I’d happily testify under oath that I never saw any rubber penises on the court - just a one real dick sitting on a bench next to his UC players
    Last edited by IM4X; 05-10-2023 at 05:03 AM.