Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Welcome, Coach Chambers

Am I the only one who finds it odd that there was no introductory press conference? Maybe Christopher is tired of introducing coaches that don’t pan out. Only half kidding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cinskyline; 04-20-2023 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cinskyline View Post
    Am I the only one who finds it odd that there was no introductory press conference? Maybe Christopher is tired of introducing coaches that don’t pan out. Only half kidding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Interesting. But I would guess there will be one?
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Freshman
    If there was going to be a press conference down the road, you'd think they would at least note that it will be happening in the future somewhere. But again the MO for WBB under GC is to draw as little attention to it as possible and hope no one notices.

Freshman
    In addition to Courtney Prenger, freshman guard Kaleigh Addie and junior center Megan Harkey have entered the transfer portal. I assume there will be some incoming transfers as well.

https://wbbblog.com/womens-basketbal...-i-2022-23/16/
    Last edited by HomerCecil; 04-27-2023 at 02:28 PM.

Some good news last week.

Julia Garcia, a 5'7" guard and Daniela Lopez, a 5'11" wing have committed. They are both from Spain.

I hope Coach Chambers is on the search for bigs. We desperately need them, especially with Prenger and Harkey gone.

https://wbbblog.com/2023-womens-bask...ommitments/21/

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by cinskyline View Post
    Some good news last week.

Julia Garcia, a 5'7" guard and Daniela Lopez, a 5'11" wing have committed. They are both from Spain.

I hope Coach Chambers is on the search for bigs. We desperately need them, especially with Prenger and Harkey gone.

https://wbbblog.com/2023-womens-bask...ommitments/21/
    That is good news. A Big East fan I know who lives in NYC and is familiar-ish with Iona said that the biggest key to their success had been international recruits. Obviously I don't know anything about these two players but it's good to have some good news. It's long overdue.

Welp. They had the intro press conference for Coach Chambers yesterday, so there is that.

https://xuathletics.exposure.co/coac...s-introduction
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Welp. They had the intro press conference for Coach Chambers yesterday, so there is that.

https://xuathletics.exposure.co/coac...s-introduction
    That’s not a press conference, although sadly I doubt there would have been any press there anyway. But yes, glad she got an introduction to the university community. Odd that it was not mentioned until after it happened.

Freshman
    Interesting note that the new assistant coach/recruiting coordinator is coming over from Cincinnati. She was at UC for one year, so it's hard to take much from that. Prior to that, she spent three years at Penn State (2019-22) and three years at Wisconsin (2016-19). At Penn State, her teams went 27-56 (12-43 B1G) and the Wisconsin teams went 43-61 (9-41 B1G). The other two assistant coaches come with Coach Chambers from Iona.

Freshman
    The women's team has added Loren Christie, a 6-3 forward who is a native of England and is grad-transferring from San Francisco. Prior to San Francisco, she played at Buffalo. At USF last year, Christie averaged 4.8 points and 3.4 rebounds per game, shooting 36 percent from the field and 22 percent from three. USF went 19-13 overall and 9-9 in the West Coast Conference.

This is her fifth season on college, but she missed part of one season with an injury, so I'm not sure if she'll have one or two seasons of eligibility at X.

The two recruits who were signed in April (which zilch has been posted about on XU's official site, unsurprisingly) are from Spain, so international recruiting seems to be a theme of the new staff.
    Last edited by HomerCecil; 06-07-2023 at 03:17 PM.