I thought about putting this in the Politics thread, and Mods if you think it belongs over there, please adjust, but I am extremely impressed by our President Colleen. She is standing up for free speech and free exchange of thought…no matter where it leads. This lady has Steel Ovaries!
In this controversy over Ohio Supreme Court Justice Joe Deters accepting a voluntary position of “Justice in Residence” at XU, Prez has come out strongly that she won’t be strong armed by a Woke Mob, unlike other Universities have been. Some of us have had the chance to interact with her over meals, and it is bracing to see that she is following up what she has said privately with public action as to keeping Open Conversation, OPEN. People are allowed to disagree and not be shouted down intimidated, or have their legitimate speeches or appearances cancelled because some mouthy militants don’t like it. High props and applause President Hanycz!

From an Enquirer article about This this issue this morning.

”He (Deters) is a bit of a lightning rod for controversy, I think it's fair to say," Hanycz said. "I've only been here a short time, but I'm picking up on that and I embrace that. I have a very, very strong view about universities. They cannot be places of groupthink. Universities must be marketplaces of ideas where we are forced to encounter ideas and views and perspectives that not only make us think but ideally make us uncomfortable. And that's what I am hoping to have."