Page 89 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    Nova is loaded.
    The BEast is alive and well
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Nova wants him and got him…
    Well crap. Sorry, I think he would have really been a nice fit for Colby's slot.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Zyon Pullin, a UC Riverside transfer, narrowed his list to Xavier, Florida, Gonzaga, LSU and Michigan, according to a report Wednesday from Joe Tipton for on3.com.
    Pullin, a 6-foot-4 guard who entered the transfer portal earlier this month as a graduate student, has played the past four seasons for the Highlanders.
    As a senior, he averaged 18.3 points, 4.4 rebounds and 4.2 assists in 33.9 minutes per game in 29 games and was named first-team All-Big West. He shot 48.6 percent from the field and 39.4 percent from 3-point range.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Xavier getting a visit today from someone.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Xavier getting a visit today from someone.
    David Jones St Johns

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    David Jones St Johns
    Exactly the kind of player the roster needs for next year. Get it done sean!

David Jones would be an interesting get, i recall him having a big game vs X. If he ends up at X we would be his 3rd BE school.. wonder if that would be a record. Depaul, SJU... X?

Jones’ stats are not good. Very low shooting %, doesn’t get to the line, lots of fouls and turnovers.

How good were DePaul and SJU with him? Pitino didn’t want him.

I’m obviously skeptical. But I do trust Miller

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Jones’ stats are not good. Very low shooting %, doesn’t get to the line, lots of fouls and turnovers.

How good were DePaul and SJU with him? Pitino didn’t want him.

I’m obviously skeptical. But I do trust Miller
    He is 6’6” and athletic, good defender, good rebounder. Averaged 2.3 offensive rebounds per game, which would have been 2nd behind Nunge on last years Xavier team. Went for 33 against Louisville two years ago going 15-22 in a win. Scored 33 of the 62. Has averaged over 18 a game against Xavier in his career. He would be a great fit.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    He is 6’6” and athletic, good defender, good rebounder. Averaged 2.3 offensive rebounds per game, which would have been 2nd behind Nunge on last years Xavier team. Went for 33 against Louisville two years ago going 15-22 in a win. Scored 33 of the 62. Has averaged over 18 a game against Xavier in his career. He would be a great fit.
    for 6'6", he is a good rebounder. And, i cant see his defensive skills by looking at his "counting stats." Its really hard to conclude much when it comes to a guy that played in Mike Anderson's pressing style. Were the OReb numbers a result of him having a "nose" for the ball and having good position, or did Anderson just tag him as the designated guy that was supposed to crash the boards on every shot that was put up? I mentioned the fouls and TOs, but again maybe that just a byproduct of the style. i see the 45% 2-pt shooting and not getting to the line very often as a problem. add in the sub 30% 3 pt shooting... I just dont want a guy that is offensively inefficient but scores 13 a game in 26 minutes. thats ALOT of offense running through one guy.

Frankly, he reminds me of Jerome Hunter a little bit. And I LIKE (last years version of ) Hunter, but we already HAVE Hunter.

But as I look across this roster, I dont see NEARLY enough shooting. I'd really rather us pursue a more capable deep shooter.

I'm sure Jones is a nice player, and would have a nice role on many teams. I'm not seeing the fit though on next years XU team.