Article on Dailyn Swain from Columbus Dispatch

https://www.dispatch.com/story/sport...e/70005401007/

Remember Tyrice Walker, who played at X in the early 1990’s? This kid reminds me of him. Article says he’s grown to 6’8” now and is still listed as a guard. Can jump out of the gym from what I’ve heard.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    https://www.dispatch.com/story/sport...e/70005401007/

Remember Tyrice Walker, who played at X in the early 1990’s? This kid reminds me of him. Article says he’s grown to 6’8” now and is still listed as a guard. Can jump out of the gym from what I’ve heard.
    Great find. Thanks for posting. Swain may be lean and athletic like Walker, but I assure you Tyrice didn’t average 7.5 assists at Hamilton! That’s the most impressive star to me.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Here’s hoping he’s the next Derrick Brown or James Posey.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    Great find. Thanks for posting. Swain may be lean and athletic like Walker, but I assure you Tyrice didn’t average 7.5 assists at Hamilton! That’s the most impressive star to me.
    Tyrice also wasn’t 6’8”. The other thing about Swain is he is really young. I think he won’t turn 18 until after he arrives at Xavier. Has the skills to be a great defensive guy, who can guard multiple positions as well as score the ball. Miller will make him a pro in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Tyrice also wasn’t 6’8”. The other thing about Swain is he is really young. I think he won’t turn 18 until after he arrives at Xavier. Has the skills to be a great defensive guy, who can guard multiple positions as well as score the ball. Miller will make him a pro in my opinion.
    Article states he played his freshman year at 14, so age thing checks out.

His team lost by 1 point in double OT 48-47. Must have been a lot of holding the ball and letting the clock run. Swains team didn’t score in the 2nd OT and Glendorf scored 1 point. They won it all last year. Colin White for Glendorf is a target for Xavier in the 24 class. He is a 6’5” guard who can play and shoots it well. I think he will blow up a little this spring.
    Last edited by xavierj; 03-18-2023 at 11:38 AM.