Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

NCAA Tournament 2023

Just a thread to put thoughts about games as the tournament progresses, other than the Muskies.
    Will have individual game threads for X as always.

If Zach was playing, I think we'd get to the FF. Hope we get to the second weekend. That would be special.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    I have all my first to 10 and 15 bets placed for tomorrows games! Less than 24hrs away from the greatest 48 hours in sports!
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Two good games yesterday to get things rolling. Hopefully more of the same tonight and then lots of madness once things start for real on Thursday.

So, does anyone else believe we are going to FF!!

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Point Pete View Post

This year is only the 2nd time I have ever put X in the Final 4 in my bracket. Not confident but think it is at least a realistic chance.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

I think Texas could win it all. And I know that Houston is tenacious. Depth is my #1 concern.

AmX Pre-Tipoff Observations:

1. Just to irritate everyone, the East Regional Final will be Duke vs. Kentucky. Choose your own more annoying storyline - Calipari is still the king or anointing of the golden boy Scheyer.

2. While Texas is playing Colgate, Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines will also be filled with Texas A&M Aggies. If the seeds hold for Saturday, the arena will be filled with Texas A&M, Kansas and Arkansas fans making for a very anti-Longhorn energy.

3. Speaking of that Saturday in Iowa, the AmX Upset Special - Arkansas over Kansas.

4. 8 seed Auburn gets to play in Birmingham (seems fair), sharing the arena on Saturday with Alabama which should be fun.

5. A preview said Iowa State may be one of the worst No. 6 seeds in NCAA Tournament history, which is nice. Bart Torvik has Iowa State rated higher than Xavier, which is not nice.

6. The Drake-Kent State 12 vs. 13 matchup is so obvious I should not even type it. Fans of schools in Indiana should prepare for disappointment.

7. Of course Alabama will make the Final Four so CBS has to squirm around the embarrassing accessory to murder storyline.

8. But to distract from the murder wrap, CBS will quickly switch the spotlight to the funny-haired Larry Bird redux white guy from America's favorite team winning everyone's hearts and a trophy.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Freshman

If Souley is stroking from 3 and Colby is feeling it + defense from Creighton game I think they can.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Meanwhile, it's comforting that a 13-2 Nevada run means they've cut their deficit against Arizona State down to 19 points.

Steve Alford hasn't been good in the Tournament since Missouri State was still called Southwest Missouri State.