Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mack Article

If it ever gets to a point where beach front property is available in Ohio, there won’t be any people left to purchase it. We will have all starved to death thousands of years before.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    Ohio is going to become one of the most populated states in the next 20-30 years due to climate change and diminishing resources . Hold on to your houses because you will be able to sell them for a fortune when you move to your under the ocean home in Florida. Cincinnati will be beach front soon enough. F Florida, one of the shittiest states in the country. Great in October though.
    [Groan] Al Gore called; he wants his fear mongering back.

Ohio is top-20 in the country for average age of the population, and it has been steadily increasing over the past 20 years relative to other states. In fact, were it not for baby boomers living longer, as well as those demographers call the "aged aged" (those 85 and above), Ohio would be on the edge of a demographic cliff. Very, very few kids I grew up with still live in Ohio. And no one I've ever met has had a hankering to move in. And yet you think the Ohio real estate market is going to sky rocket because of... climate change? Please excuse me for stifling my laughter. Even if The Day After Tomorrow moves from fiction to fact within our lifetime, Ohio will not be some Shangri La for the displaced.

I'm no climate change denier. I'm a moderate on the topic - take all the precautions within reason just in case the worst predictions would otherwise come true. Discretion is the better part of valor, after all. But seriously, the prognosticating about some climate calamity occurring within a certain period of time makes me snicker every time. When is the last time one of these predicted disasters came to fruition? If Al Gore had been correct in his prognosticating, we'd all be underwater right now.
    Last edited by Roach; 03-20-2023 at 09:13 AM.

Walk-On
    I've been living in South Carolina since 2012. Just took a job to move back to OH. Can't wait to get out of this place. The summers here are absolutely brutal. From June to September it's next to impossible to really enjoy the outside. The humidity is through the roof. It's like breathing through a straw. I know that December through February are rough in OH, but I now have friends in warm places to escape to every now and then. I also truly miss the seasons of the Midwest.

That's because you live in Columbia...the hottest place in South Carolina.
    You should have tried the Upstate. And then down to the beaches when you could.
    Good luck on your move!
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Walk-On
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    That's because you live in Columbia...the hottest place in South Carolina.
    You should have tried the Upstate. And then down to the beaches when you could.
    Good luck on your move!
    Yeah, I lived in Cola until 2019. You are right, it's brutal. We now live in a lake community just south of Charlotte. We like it better, but it's still awful in the summers. My daughter just moved to the upstate. She is hopeful the summers are better.

Thanks!

What to bet? Ohio is one of only a handful of states that have enough resources to survive on its own. Maybe 20-30 years is way too soon but in the future it will happen. Not if but when.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Freshman
    This thread has gone off the rails

It sure has. From Mack to climate change really quick. And it turns out I’m very wrong. Ohio would crumble. So there you go.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Quote Originally Posted by SCMuskie View Post
    I've been living in South Carolina since 2012. Just took a job to move back to OH. Can't wait to get out of this place. The summers here are absolutely brutal. From June to September it's next to impossible to really enjoy the outside. The humidity is through the roof. It's like breathing through a straw. I know that December through February are rough in OH, but I now have friends in warm places to escape to every now and then. I also truly miss the seasons of the Midwest.
    We lived in Atlanta for 12 years. Couldn’t wait to leave.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell