Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mack Article

Mack Article

Mack made some interesting comments as reported in the enquirer.

- Not ready to return to coaching but schools have "reached out"

- Cooley has a lot of "equity" at Providence...you don't mess with happiness..."I learned the hard way"

- The family moving to Florida
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Supporting Member
    Interesting. I wonder why Florida? I know his daughter is down at Img but that’s only for a year? Maybe he’s just sick of this bullshit weather in the Midwest area like me

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    sick of this bullshit weather in the Midwest area
    This is the truest statement ever made on this site. LOL. I keep wondering when I will leave this weather. Part of that is figuring out the best place to go that Xavier is likely to play occasionally so I can get my fix no longer living in Cincy.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Interesting. I wonder why Florida? I know his daughter is down at Img but that’s only for a year? Maybe he’s just sick of this bullshit weather in the Midwest area like me
    His other daughter is also going to Flagler college in Florida. I think they already had a place in Florida so I am sure he could always move to his next destination once he he figures he wants to coach again. He also likes to fish so I am sure he will do that a lot in Florida.

I know his daughter is down at Img but that’s only for a year?
    Speaking of, if anyone hasnt checked out that complex/school online through Google Maps / image search etc, you really should. Its unbelievable and beyond remarkable (and also over $70k a year if boarding there w/sport fees)
    Last edited by atljar; 03-15-2023 at 10:08 AM.

All-Conference
    He was on the Field of 68 podcast with Fanta and Goodman. I watched most of it. Both his girls are going to college in FLA and one at IMG, which is mentioned above. I would say that he's probably very much looking forward to it. He looked very relaxed, at ease and comfortable with where he's at in life. He talked a little bit about the grind of coaching and he didn't want to commit to it this year but wanted to ensure his daughters started off on the right foot in college.

You can tell he knows that's a luxury that most people don't have. He did make the statement about learning the hard way, but you know he is also enjoying the piles of cash that has allowed him to choose his lifestyle. He is very good on these type of podcasts.

I'd venture to guess we see him back in coaching in the next few years. In the meantime, sounds like alot of boat time for him. But I could also see him on TV because he's very good at analysis and break-down.
    Last edited by drudy23; 03-15-2023 at 10:03 AM.

Junior
    He’s probably just waiting till Sean leaves again….

(Kidding. Hopefully)

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    Mack made some interesting comments as reported in the enquirer.

- Not ready to return to coaching but schools have "reached out"

- Cooley has a lot of "equity" at Providence...you don't mess with happiness..."I learned the hard way"

- The family moving to Florida
    Exactly......he left a great job at his alma mater in his hometown for Louisville. A program that had all sorts of issues prior to him arriving. AND on top of that it was widely known the leadership (president and AD) were not strong either.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    I thought one of his daughter was committed to play at Mizzou? Maybe that is the one at IMG? Or maybe that fell through?

Anyway, I think the fact they moved makes it more likely he coaches again one day. I think the hardest part for him was moving his kids and pulling them out of school and moving from his wife's family. But that has already happened with one in college now, the other moved to a different high school, and his son isn't entrenched in only one school he's ever known.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    I thought one of his daughter was committed to play at Mizzou? Maybe that is the one at IMG? Or maybe that fell through?

Anyway, I think the fact they moved makes it more likely he coaches again one day. I think the hardest part for him was moving his kids and pulling them out of school and moving from his wife's family. But that has already happened with one in college now, the other moved to a different high school, and his son isn't entrenched in only one school he's ever known.
    The one that is at img and was committed to go to Mizzou, is now going to vandy.