Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Can anyone break down Kennesaw State?

Does anyone know much about them?
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Souley Boum and Colby Jones will be breaking down Kennesaw State for about 2 hours on Friday starting a 12:40pm.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

I sure hope so
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

I saw their starting lineup somewhere and it was a 6’8” 245 lb center/forward and 4 guards. One is a 5’10” guard. Other 3 players are 6’2-6’5” or so. Their leading scorer is a 6’4” guard. They won the regular season and tournament for their league. Have won 16 of their last 18 games. That’s all I know. I expect X to play Claude quite a bit and to dominate the boards and down low.
    Last edited by XUGRAD80; 03-14-2023 at 02:11 PM.

Paul Fritschner is a good follow on Twitter. He had an interview with a guy who has good knowledge on KSU

https://twitter.com/paulfritschner/s...shJKowj_nNzfHg

It was with Nick Kirby on 3/13 on his podcast and I normally listen in IHeart (other platforms work as well).

I compared Liberty to Kennesaw since they tied for the league championship and played each other in the tournament finals. Liberty has a Net of 44 and KS has a Net of 115. This make no sense to me whatsoever. Their Q1 and Q3 are similar, Lib has a better Q4 and KS has a better Q2. I suppose it does not mean much except that Net seems really screwy.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Souley Boum and Colby Jones will be breaking down Kennesaw State for about 2 hours on Friday starting a 12:40pm.
    Don't we want walkons to be breaking down KSU after 1 hour?

They are 127 in Kenpom
    Offensive Efficiency is 153
    Defensive Efficiency is 116

They are the lowest rated Kenpom team of all the 14 seeds and Kenpom has three 15 seeds rated ahead of them.

That all makes me feel pretty good.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Don't we want walkons to be breaking down KSU after 1 hour?
    Good point. At least the last 30 mins.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    I know they nearly lost their Atlantic Sun tournament opener because they were missing a lot of free throws at the end of the game. There is that.