Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

2023-2024 (!) Xavier Schedule

I can’t believe I typed 2024 already!
    Anyway starting the thread.
    News from within:
    Next year we are going to Savannah for a 4 team tourney during Thanksgiving week.
    (Boston College/Georgia maybe) part of the field.
    And going forward, Xavier will avoid early season tourneys with 8 teams. 3 games in 3-4 days is too taxing and injury potential is high.
    -We also have Clifton Community at home.
    -A home game in the Big East/Big 12 Challenge.
    Add as appropriate.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Do we have another Gavitt Game?
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Savannah? Great city! I had grandparents who lived there when I was a kid. Used to go every summer to visit them. Going to have to seriously consider going to that tourney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    Do we have another Gavitt Game?
    The Gavitt Game Contract runs out this year -2023. I *think but not sure, that means games this fall?
    Unsure if it can be resurrected.
    The B1G is the issue now that they have an ACC/B1G Challenge.
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 03-13-2023 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Savannah? Great city! I had grandparents who lived there when I was a kid. Used to go every summer to visit them. Going to have to seriously consider going to that tourney.

Savannah is awesome. We had a family vaycay to Tybee Island a couple summers ago

Sophomore
    MOR - your post above made Twitter!! https://twitter.com/musketeerreport/...91726692237317

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Savannah is awesome. We had a family vaycay to Tybee Island a couple summers ago
    My grandparents lived in town close to the ballpark where the Savannah Bananas now play, but also had a summer camp on Tybee. They were a farm team of the Atlanta Braves back then. From what I remember (it was 50+ years ago), the camp was pretty much a shack with tidal streams out back. No AC, but there was indoor plumbing and a full kitchen. Great memories of those summers with all my cousins, some of whom still live there.

Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

All-Conference
    I can’t believe I typed 2024 already!
    Anyway starting the thread.
    News from within:
    Next year we are going to Savannah for a 4 team tourney during Thanksgiving week.
    (Boston College/Georgia maybe) part of the field.
    And going forward, Xavier will avoid early season tourneys with 8 teams. 3 games in 3-4 days is too taxing and injury potential is high.
    -We also have Clifton Community at home.
    -A home game in the Big East/Big 12 Challenge.
    Add as appropriate.
    Interesting approach to avoiding the gauntlet of 3 games in 3/4 days. Wonder if that is a Miller staple to not do that. Also wonder if that played into the Freemantle re-injury.

When we lived in Hilton Head decades ago Savannah was a much different place. A couple blocks along the river were cool for tourists, but go too far off the path and it was very dangerous. We went back for work 5+ years ago and I was aploogizing to locals because I’d been talking trash about their town forever. The locals wil tell you the book Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil (1994, the year after we moved away) turned the entire city around. It is absolutely lovely in the historic area now. I highly recommend it.

Some friends a few doors up the street were there last weekend and had a great trip. You can’t go wrong at Garibaldi’s and the Mac & Cheese jalapeno poppers at The Old Pink House will be a must do on my next trip.

My wife and I took a trip to Savannah a few years ago. First time I’d been back since the late 70s. We ate at The Pirate’s House, a place I remember going to as a kid. Also visited Fort Pulaski. That’s well worth the trip if you have any interest in Civil War history.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk