Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    My singular point of focus for this is Big East Basketball and our media agreement moving forward.

Pitino at St. Johns soon and then through the media rights negotiation can only add to the attractiveness of our media package to our partner(s). Give me Pitino at the Johnnies, Sean back at X, Matta dying on the vine at Butler, Cooley staying at Providence, and hopefully Georgetown making a proper splash with a - the - new right coach. Shaka is set in Milwaukee. McDermott remains solid in Omaha. Love him or understandably hate him, Hurley and UConn are a big piece of the puzzle. We'll see what transpires at the Hall and in Philly. DePaul is scheduled to remain in hell for another decade.

Bottomline: we already provide great viewing via great games. Upping the personalities on the sidelines at such a critical junction in conference realignment and media deals can only help the Big East.
    I think Neptune at Nova will be fine. But history is littered with first/second year coaches who won with the previous guys players but by year 3, were declining. Randy Ayers at Ohio State comes to mind.
    I’m not sold on Shaheen at Seton. Guy seems way to immature and thin skinned to me, and the kind of guy who would wear on his players causing numerous transfers out.
    Time will tell.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    I see Chris Mack is rumored to be in the running at...none of these schools.
    Chris Mack is in the running for- Fish in Kentucky Lake!!

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Damon Stoudamire to Ga Tech.
    Will be curious if this ends up working. Stoudamire was an assistant for Sean at Arizona for a couple seasons. Former NBA player and current NBA assistant. GA Tech is a tough job at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavgrad08 View Post
    Will be curious if this ends up working. Stoudamire was an assistant for Sean at Arizona for a couple seasons. Former NBA player and current NBA assistant. GA Tech is a tough job at this point.
    Longtime NBA assistants seem to work out well.
    (See Kenny Payne, Louisville)

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Longtime NBA assistants seem to work out well.
    (See Kenny Payne, Louisville)
    See Patrick Ewing, Georgetown

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    See Patrick Ewing, Georgetown
    This could go on for awhile.
    See Jeff Bzdelik

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    My singular point of focus for this is Big East Basketball and our media agreement moving forward.

Pitino at St. Johns soon and then through the media rights negotiation can only add to the attractiveness of our media package to our partner(s). Give me Pitino at the Johnnies, Sean back at X, Matta dying on the vine at Butler, Cooley staying at Providence, and hopefully Georgetown making a proper splash with a - the - new right coach. Shaka is set in Milwaukee. McDermott remains solid in Omaha. Love him or understandably hate him, Hurley and UConn are a big piece of the puzzle. We'll see what transpires at the Hall and in Philly. DePaul is scheduled to remain in hell for another decade.

Bottomline: we already provide great viewing via great games. Upping the personalities on the sidelines at such a critical junction in conference realignment and media deals can only help the Big East.
    When is the next BE contract?

I certainly see your point. And it's not MY money over paying for his contract. There are few coaches more recognizable than Pitino. Maybe it's the Big East picking up the tab for St. Johns just so they'll have a big name to dangle for the media contract!

I think Mike Anderson is actually a really good coach, but they just couldn't recruit enough good players to make his system work. I guess most coaches are pretty good when they have enough good players (except Travis Steele).

Aaron McKie out at Temple.

Sophomore
    Aaron McKie out at Temple.
    Colgate’s HC Langel used to be an assistant at Temple. Would think Temple will make a run at him.

This could go on for awhile.
    See Jeff Bzdelik
    Now there’s a guy that couldn’t coach.