Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
    Sophomore

2023 Coaching Carousel

Figure we should start a separate thread with the firings/hirings for the 2023 Coaching Carousel. Listed below is a list of some of the jobs that are open so far.

Syracuse, Notre Dame,Georgetown, St. John's, Texas Tech, Ole Miss, California, Georgia Tech and Texas.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...h-jerod-haase/

Stanford announced HC Jerod Haase will return. Was really surprised by that.
    Last edited by Xavgrad08; 03-10-2023 at 04:06 PM.

Sophomore
    Jeff Goodman tweeted current Penn State coach Micah Shrewsberry is the main candidate at Georgetown. Goodman said first Georgetown will make a run at Ed Cooley.

Supporting Member
    Georgetown really shooting for mediocrity while St. John’s is going to get one of the best coaches ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavgrad08 View Post
    Jeff Goodman tweeted current Penn State coach Micah Shrewsberry is the main candidate at Georgetown. Goodman said first Georgetown will make a run at Ed Cooley.
    Ed Cooley was never ever leaving Providence. He loves them, they LOVE him.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

All the talk in Wichita is that the Shockers are focusing on Mississippi State coach Chris Jans. I'm not sure if that talk has made its way to Starkville, though. Would certainly make for some entertaining times in Wichita. Isaac Brown didn't do a bad job, but he was far too normal to draw crowds in Wichita. We apparently like a spectacle.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    All the talk in Wichita is that the Shockers are focusing on Mississippi State coach Chris Jans. I'm not sure if that talk has made its way to Starkville, though. Would certainly make for some entertaining times in Wichita. Isaac Brown didn't do a bad job, but he was far too normal to draw crowds in Wichita. We apparently like a spectacle.
    Had the three-quarters court shot at Arizona not gone in, Bobby Hurley would have probably been available!!
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Georgetown really shooting for mediocrity while St. John’s is going to get one of the best coaches ever.
    I don't know. I mean obviously Pitino is a homerun hire for St. John if it happens, but I don't think targeting Shrewsberry is mediocre.

He has been an assistant under Brad Stevens at Butler and the Celtics, and the top assistant under Painter at Purdue before going to Penn State where he has them playing pretty well and in the tournament in his second year for the 1st time in 12 years and only the 3rd time this century.

He seems like a sold candidate and he's proven he can win in a high major league.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

why would he leave Penn State for Georgetown? That makes little sense
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Sophomore
    Jeff Goodman reporting Ole Miss expected to hire Chris Beard.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    why would he leave Penn State for Georgetown? That makes little sense
    Because basketball is a footnote at Penn State.