Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Junior
    Really good win. Don’t really care about the end game. No, I don’t think Sean is considering the win margin helping computer numbers at the end of the game. I don’t think we had a good option at that point as others pointed out. Personally I didn’t want him in the game anyways. Out of respect? Hell no. “Do you want him to put a walk on in?” ….up 20 with 90 seconds left? Sure.

All I’m saying is if he twists an ankle, or god forbid worse, with a minute left in a game we are winning by 20- everyone here would be questioning what the hell he was doing in the game in the first place.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Who said it was on the brink?
    That Kentucky fan.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

I wish Boum had just dribbled out the time instead of taking that shot, BUT it’s also on the losing team to call off the dogs too. SH was still trapping and trying to turn X over at that point. On that final play it was the SH player ran into Boum on the last possession while Boum was just standing there letting the time run out. Boum did not instigate that contact. We also don’t know how much talk and abuse had been going on against Boum until that point in the game, but it sure seemed like a lot. Boum probably was a little fed up at that point. The kid that got T-ed up with Boum is just a freshman backup, and I’m sure he is still trying to impress his coach by playing hard until the final whistle, but with some more time and experience he doesn’t make that move. He just pulls back, takes his loss, and moves on. Let’s also remember that it was he that pushed Boum, not the opposite. IMO it’s much ado about nothing. Time to move on and I hope that SH will do just that, I sure that X will.

The thing is, SH wasn’t backing off during the last 90 seconds. I don’t blame Boum for the three, in the context, they were playing defense until the end.

Also congrats to Shaheen Holloway for becoming my favorite coach to beat… and see lose.

Quote Originally Posted by HenryMuto View Post
    If we continue this beat down we might not even end up with a quad 1 win past today for our efforts.

Seton Hall is NET 69 if Xavier keeps playing this way it might be outside top 75 by tomorrow.
    This is exactly what happened X kicked Seton Hall around so bad they fell to 78. So that quad 1 lasted about 8 hours

X went up to 25
    2014 RTS National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams) 2015 RTS 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)
    2012 NFFC National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams) 2015/2018 NCAA Bracketology 351/362 pts

I'd be perfectly okay with him doing that against Butler in Cintas.
    I'm a fan of showing more class, even in the face of classless fucks like Butler. But I would certainly be less disappointed against Buthole for sure.

I also don't think Boum should have been in there for potential injury as suggested, but also because he plays too many damn minutes already.

I wonder why Boum wasn't shooting foul shots at the end of the game.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Who said it was on the brink?
    The guy with UK, Ohio State, Cleveland State logos in his profile pic.
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 02-25-2023 at 07:37 AM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    I wish Boum had just dribbled out the time instead of taking that shot, BUT it’s also on the losing team to call off the dogs too. SH was still trapping and trying to turn X over at that point. On that final play it was the SH player ran into Boum on the last possession while Boum was just standing there letting the time run out. Boum did not instigate that contact. We also don’t know how much talk and abuse had been going on against Boum until that point in the game, but it sure seemed like a lot. Boum probably was a little fed up at that point. The kid that got T-ed up with Boum is just a freshman backup, and I’m sure he is still trying to impress his coach by playing hard until the final whistle, but with some more time and experience he doesn’t make that move. He just pulls back, takes his loss, and moves on. Let’s also remember that it was he that pushed Boum, not the opposite. IMO it’s much ado about nothing. Time to move on and I hope that SH will do just that, I sure that X will.
    There was a 10 second differential on the shot and game clock. Regardless of the fact that Seton Hall was still pressing you have to shoot it at some point, why is it different with 15 seconds vs 5 on the shot clock? Seton Hall reflects their whiny b!tch coaches personality.

Quote Originally Posted by zanesxu View Post
    The thing is, SH wasn’t backing off during the last 90 seconds. I don’t blame Boum for the three, in the context, they were playing defense until the end.

Also congrats to Shaheen Holloway for becoming my favorite coach to beat… and see lose.
    If you are still playing hard defense in the last 90 seconds, expect the other team to take shots. I don't really get any of these unwritten rules about 'class' at the end of a blowout. Don't rub it in, talk shit, excessively celebrate - I'm all for that, but expecting kids to stop playing basketball so a 20 point win doesn't turn into a 23 point win is kind of pointless IMO.

Shaheen Holloway is turning out about how I expected - mediocre. That whole thing with the handshake etc. is just soft and petulant little kid shit. You could see Miller laughing about it in the handshake line. Also his voice is funny. What a pussy.
    Eat Donuts!

http://www.piratesurgeon.com/pages/s...deceased2.html

A historical perspective on zip ‘em up.

Nothing to see here. Big East hoops with some passion on both sides. Seton Hall play stout defense and was torched last night by a better offense. On to the Ocean State…
    six foot four & a soph-O-more...