Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
    Junior

Nova and Gonzaga to the B12?

There is considerable chatter on the 24/7 board about the Big 12 having discussions with Nova, Zags, and possibly St Johns joining as basketball only members. Mainly just Nova & Gonzaga. Even some chatter about adding UCONN. With a supposed $8-10 million tv cut for the bball only schools. There is speculation there is a race to 20 teams for B12, BIG, and SEC. Not exactly what I wanted to read about this morning. I don't think it would bode well for X. Has anyone on here heard such talk?

Great timing on Nova fellas!

All-Conference
    Villanova and SJU moving to Big 12 makes about as much sense as Gonzaga moving to the Big East. In saying that, nothing is out of the question when it comes to money.

Supporting Member
    I know there have been a lot of things written that it would be good for nova and the zags to join as bb only schools. I wonder if thatís just where the chatter is coming from?

If Iím the zags or nova, Iíd be pretty cautious about joining a conference that has high d 1 football members. If it happens, it happens but I think it will be dependent on what the big East can do with the next tv deal.

All-Conference
    If we lose Nova, just go get Duke. They would probably be a good fit actually.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    If we lose Nova, just go get Duke. They would probably be a good fit actually.
    Except for that whole football thing

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Except for that whole football thing
    Dook doesn't play football.

All-Conference
    Duke football is along the same lines as UConn football. They have programs but I doubt either makes much money.

Junior
    I obviously think it would suck to lose nova (assuming this doesn’t turn into a Travis Steele situation for them) and Uconn. But I still think big East can get a few more basketball only schools and it would still be a good conference.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    I obviously think it would suck to lose nova (assuming this doesn’t turn into a Travis Steele situation for them) and Uconn. But I still think big East can get a few more basketball only schools and it would still be a good conference.
    Good? Maybe....TV Good? Nope. You're talking about losing 6 National Championships, and replacing it with what?