Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Have only been to Cintas a few times over the years, and didn't pay a lot of attention to the particulars of the layout. Was just happy to be there.
    Without season tickets, have no dog in the fight.
    But I have a question for those who know the layout well and have tickets.
    If tickets are available per your point totals, then one assumes the closer to the floor, the higher your points. In the video, it sounded like they were going to take a few of the last rows in the lower bowl to accommodate the renovation for change/expansion/etc of the suites and add some bar type areas.
    Why wouldn't you only re-seat those people in those rows being removed, rather than everyone in front of them going down to the floor...who should be people with more points?
    People with a lot of points could be people in those rows who, for whatever reason, choose to sit in those rows. Less steps, liking to stand in last row, whatever.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Final4 View Post
    Let me share our situation with you and maybe it provides a different perspective. We have six couples that sit together (used to be eight but we lost two during the last reseating process). We've sat together for over 30 years. We have six parking passes in the C2 lot that we value quite a bit. We have two options available to us. We could put all 12 seats in one persons name (obviously the one with the most points) but in doing so we would lose three parking passes and each individual would lose the accrual of points to their respective individual account. Or we could each "go it alone" like we did the last time. Point totals for each individual vary as you would expect. Day one Bill selects two seats. Day two Tim and Jerry select four seats total immediately adjacent to Bill. No one else in the group can select until day five. There is a very real possibility that on day five there aren't anymore seats adjacent to the six already selected. We're not sitting around people who we become "friends" with but rather sitting with relatives and children and old XU roommates. Maybe that's not a big deal to some but it is to us. MOR suggested that it's not a big deal and to contact the ticket office and they'll work with you........he has absolutely no idea how the process works.
    I’m not saying it doesn’t suck, but you have to admit if the group you are with is the most important thing to you, you could certainly maintain your group while moving to the upper deck (or further back in upper deck) if it was necessary come reseating time.

So what you want is your group and your same or similar seats in terms of section closeness, etc.

There’s just no way you can eliminate some people seats and not do a seat re-selection. Again some of those people may be high on the points list and there would be nowhere to put them in the lower bowl based on all other seats already being season ticket holders. And they aren’t going to take seats from coaches wives, and former players or recruits or whatever.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Now in Section 106 (Row L), after stints in Sections 104 and 105.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Talk to Xavier Tickets.
    You don’t like what I say anyway.
    Done with this stupid thread.
    Just an explanation of "incorrect" is what I'm asking. Please share if you know a way to opt out of the reseating process.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Would be nice to be able to see a rankings of the points list. If I donated $1,000 to AFO does than move me up, 100 spots, 10 spots, no impact, etc? That being said I kept my seats last time so I'm not super concerned. Worst case, I wont be next to the 5 guys who spend most of the game going back and forth in and out of the aisle to get drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdiggins View Post
    Would be nice to be able to see a rankings of the points list. If I donated $1,000 to AFO does than move me up, 100 spots, 10 spots, no impact, etc?
    Every $100 you donate, you receive 3 points
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Now in Section 106 (Row L), after stints in Sections 104 and 105.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdiggins View Post
    Would be nice to be able to see a rankings of the points list. If I donated $1,000 to AFO does than move me up, 100 spots, 10 spots, no impact, etc? That being said I kept my seats last time so I'm not super concerned. Worst case, I wont be next to the 5 guys who spend most of the game going back and forth in and out of the aisle to get drinks.
    Unfortunately, the impact of a higher donation on where you are in the queue also depends upon what others in the queue are doing with their donation level. It's a classic "prisoner's dilemma" scenario which the AD is exploiting.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

I seem to remember the last time this came up someone asked how much they’d need to donate to essentially guarantee they’d keep their seats. It was something like $7,500. I don’t think they did and ended up with seats not too far from what they had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Sorry long thread ... (suggest reading the pdf of the seat selection guide first). As you can tell, I looked into this quite a bit five years ago. Also, we don't really have to worry about this more than a year from now.

What matters is day of selection and that goes by points, but, more importantly, by the percentage ranking. Think handling 100-200 of the 4200 account holders per day. There are so many 5-10 minute new time picking windows that they can open up per day.

The secret is that points to percentage ranking is exponential ... so a small number of account holders (presumably those with four or more long term Front Line seats get first dibs). Or you can gift an exponential amount of money to move up in percentage point ranking (+5% is equivalent to picking about two days earlier). For 750 points to get into the Front Line area using a gift of 3 points/$100 donation, you could be a new ticket holder and donate $25K. Even if you are already at the 50% level, exponentially it's not much different and a donation would still be at the $23K level. If considering a gift at this level, please contact an AFO gift officer ... they may have options as some suggest.

It's not all bad given essentially every seat in Cintas is good. Last time at the end of Day 5 (estimate Day 5 pickers need to be at 600-800 points), there were very few front line seats, but even until Day 14 (estimate you need 80-150 points), there were row 1 orange and a fair smattering of green/grey center lower level including aisle seats, even front row in the mid-court uppers. The end of the following week (estimate you need 30 points/40th percentile) still had some lower availability in grey especially in 111, or aisle in 208, row 3 immediately behind the TV cameras in 212 ... all still good seats.

My own opinion is that since keeping one's current seats is important to a lot of people, as others have suggested, I think it would have been much better to open up the new seating areas and the next selection process: sure maybe the very top 5-10% get dibs to change seats, but then mix in with next level high priority group those displaced as there are really not that many of them.

What I think is a bit unfair is that some existing ticket holders will plan to increase donations by a couple $1K thinking they will have much better seats available ... it's true, but not that true given this exponential stuff. It might help ensure you are picking within the first three weeks, but maybe you are already there. By all means, be as generous as you can with donations to Xavier athletics - it brings much joy (and occasional angst) to many of us, connects us to the good of Xavier, and all the support is needed to continue to be among the top national programs, which is what most of us want. It just won't substantially change much the view from your seat (which is pretty good regardless).

Here’s the really important question. Where will Joe and Byron be seated for their radio broadcast? Looks like that spot disappears for the Center Court Club.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

I just want to keep a seat on the aisle. I’m flexible where.