Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Maybe Cooley goes to Georgetown and Pitino makes his triumphant return to Providence.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    SLU and Dayton should never be in the Big East. They have large arenas, they pour money into their programs and are basically the only game in town, but yet they never can rise above mediocrity. There is no place for that in this conference. I kind of get the fear with conferences re-aligning, but as many have said it's all about football. Our brand is the best pure basketball conference in the country. Why dilute that just because other conferences are adding members? We have the perfect set-up, with the right amount of members and no dead weight programs (DePaul, SJU and Georgetown still have name recognition even if their programs aren't great at present).

There is room for one program - the worst thing would be to go to divisions and do away with the home and homes. If Gonzaga wants in, great. If not, we still have a great conference. There isn't another program I'd want to join.

The focus should be on making sure all programs are fully committed to basketball and not just getting a paycheck, not on expanding.
    DePaul hasn't been relevant for 30 yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    DePaul hasn't been relevant for 30 yrs.
    The problem is that there just isn't any good high school basketball within their footprint :/
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    The problem is that there just isn't any good high school basketball within their footprint :/
    Or, up until this year, Loyola has been stealing all the good Chicago recruits. Guys like Cam Krutwig and Lucas Williamson were high quality players who led Loyola to the Final Four and there were others from Chicagoland who contributed. Now with Moser gone it’s gonna be interesting if DePaul can regain advantage.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    SLU and Dayton should never be in the Big East. They have large arenas, they pour money into their programs and are basically the only game in town, but yet they never can rise above mediocrity. There is no place for that in this conference. I kind of get the fear with conferences re-aligning, but as many have said it's all about football. Our brand is the best pure basketball conference in the country. Why dilute that just because other conferences are adding members? We have the perfect set-up, with the right amount of members and no dead weight programs (DePaul, SJU and Georgetown still have name recognition even if their programs aren't great at present).

There is room for one program - the worst thing would be to go to divisions and do away with the home and homes. If Gonzaga wants in, great. If not, we still have a great conference. There isn't another program I'd want to join.

The focus should be on making sure all programs are fully committed to basketball and not just getting a paycheck, not on expanding.
    When SLU had Majerus (an all time underrated coach) they rose above mediocrity. He took them from ashes to a top 10 ranking. Unfortunately Jim Crews is who took over upon Majerus' health issues and ultimate death. Then Travis Ford who is the definition of mediocre.

Unfortunately the chances of SLU ever getting a coach the caliber of Majerus again is slim to none. As a SLU grad, if the BE did expand, I would like to see SLU added but as a Xavier fan and BE fan, the only team to add currently that makes any sense to me, is Gonzaga (or ND if they were looking for a new home for bball and other sports).
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Or, up until this year, Loyola has been stealing all the good Chicago recruits. Guys like Cam Krutwig and Lucas Williamson were high quality players who led Loyola to the Final Four and there were others from Chicagoland who contributed. Now with Moser gone it’s gonna be interesting if DePaul can regain advantage.
    I believe there are several MVC teams that out recruit DePaul in Chicago.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Interesting. I don’t know why I hadn’t thought about him as an option for one of those two schools. Maybe it’s because of the baggage he brings. Still, he would seem to be a pretty good fit for SJ’s and even possibly Georgetown. Both programs need someone whose proven track record would give them a high probability of turning things around. Captain Obvious agrees.
    I don't know the circumstances of Chris Beard's legal issues and if he is facing jail time or what the outcome will be, but might as well throw all morals to the wind and have one hire Pitino and one hire Beard, lmao.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    When SLU had Majerus (an all time underrated coach) they rose above mediocrity.
    They had some pretty darn good teams under Spoon (with UNLV transfer H Waldman running the show).

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    They had some pretty darn good teams under Spoon (with UNLV transfer H Waldman running the show).
    Hell, let’s just throw Rich Grawer into the mix!! (Or the dumpster, you choose)
    But Monroe Douglass!!
    Jordair Jett is still the ultimate college basketball player name to me.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    I see your Jordair Jett and raise you a Majestic Mapp.