Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

What will we see from Hunter as a starter

- Don’t see a big difference in offense in terms of strategy. Except for greenish light Free got from 3. Missing overall offensive production.

- Hunter is a great finisher at the rim this year. Not sure he’ll be as effective 5-8 feet away.

- Free better defensive rebounder. Could be a push on offensive side.

- Better at the line.

- Better defender.

Just a few thoughts.

If he can stay out of foul trouble. Definitely a better overall defender. Gotta stay in his role, although I expect the oppo to treat him like we did with the guy from UConn- Jackson. Just drop down and pack low and make him prove he can shoot past 15 feet
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    If he can stay out of foul trouble. Definitely a better overall defender. Gotta stay in his role, although I expect the oppo to treat him like we did with the guy from UConn- Jackson. Just drop down and pack low and make him prove he can shoot past 15 feet
    As long as you surround him with capable shooters, it's not a huge concern.

We wouldn't beat UConn again using that strategy.

Hunter just needs to continue to play his game and he will be fine.

I would like to see a double double, please!

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Agreed.

The key will to play Hunter and Claude together as least amount of mins as possible imo. Hard to run an effective offense when 2 out of 5 defenders don't need to guard their man at or outside the 3 point line.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Agreed.

The key will to play Hunter and Claude together as least amount of mins as possible imo. Hard to run an effective offense when 2 out of 5 defenders don't need to guard their man at or outside the 3 point line.
    The offense has been rather stagnant when those two are on the floor together.

My biggest concern is what happens when Nunge is off the floor. A lineup of Hunter and 4 guards is going to be at a serious disadvantage against most other schools when it comes to rebounding and defense. Edwards or Miles are going to need to step up big time at that point and give X something on the boards, especially defensive rebounding. Otherwise teams are going to play volleyball and rack up some serious offensive rebounding numbers during those periods.

Even before Free's injury X's guards have been beaten over & over again. How many times in the last 6-8 games have we seen opposing players make it to the basket unguarded? Hunter needs to stay out of foul trouble; that means not trying to "help out" on these drives. Sean will have his hands full in February!

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    My biggest concern is what happens when Nunge is off the floor. A lineup of Hunter and 4 guards is going to be at a serious disadvantage against most other schools when it comes to rebounding and defense. Edwards or Miles are going to need to step up big time at that point and give X something on the boards, especially defensive rebounding. Otherwise teams are going to play volleyball and rack up some serious offensive rebounding numbers during those periods.
    Yeah Colby is going to really need to help with rebounding, which he is more than capable. If Nunge is out the other team has to adjust as well. So for example could go with Boum, Kunkel, Claude, Jones and Hunter and the opposing team wouldn’t want to stay big at that point. It will get figured out.

Avoid the stupid ticky tack fouls will be really important We need 30+ minutes out of him.

Stick to what you are good at and dont try to do too much.

Better D will be a positive move in the +/- direction for the team

If he can score 10-12 and grab 8 rebounds thats huge