Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    18-5, 10-2 I’ll take it. :)

If someone offered 4-4 the rest of the way I’d take it. The heart can’t take all these close games lol
    I that's probably where we end up 'ville, HOWEVER, I have been predicting a PC sweep. IF that happens a very high MSG seed follows. 15-5 would look awful good for "Banner" possibilities.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

He’s a role player, a good one, but he shouldn’t be starting. He is because there isn’t anyone else due to aluminum. He wouldn’t start on any team in the big East beside maybe DePaul or butler. Is what it is.
    And yet his FG % s the same as Boum's. Should he shoot more?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

He’s a role player, a good one, but he shouldn’t be starting. He is because there isn’t anyone else due to aluminum. He wouldn’t start on any team in the big East beside maybe DePaul or butler. Is what it is.
    What's that have to do with the ignorant "this level" comment?

Kunk plays significant AND productive minutes for any team in this conference, there for, any team in the country. He's just an exceptional college basketball player. Absolutely no 10-2 without him.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 02-01-2023 at 08:59 PM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    I that's probably where we end up 'ville, HOWEVER, I have been predicting a PC sweep. IF that happens a very high MSG seed follows. 15-5 would look awful good for "Banner" possibilities.
    IMO high probability to finish with 15-5. I don't believe we'll lose 4 more conference games. I think, considering what I saw today, we may only lose 2 more!

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

This posted needed an "IMO" or should not exist. Definitely self evaluate your knowledge of the many intangibles in this game. Otherwise you may risk more foolishness.
    It should be assumed that every post on a fan board is an opinion.

It isn't personal -- he absolutely doesn't have the athleticism necessary to consistently guard his position, get to the rim, or create shots against quality opposition.

I don't even know how that's debatable at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Who is Baum?
    The sportswriter for the Enquirer who covers X. He’s good to follow on Twitter @AdamJBaum. (Yes I know it was a typo in the original post)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Supporting Member
    I dunno. I hate to say it but I think Saturday could be a loss. Absolutely zero depth against that kind of team who will be desperate for a resume win. Nova is also a completely different team now with Moore back. I could see a couple of home losses along with the road trips to Marquette and providence

Quote Originally Posted by SCMuskie View Post
    Staying in a Hotel tonight and I hollered NOOOO as Bynum was shooting. Prolly scared the people in the next room. My heart is pounding. That was a gutsy win.
    AMEN!

Funny story, I’m at an Embassy Suite hotel. A couple nights ago some drunk blowhard was giving the bartenders holy hell because the two free happy hour drinks did not include top shelf stuff. He also said the Ritz would be embarrassed by that and the free appetizer options. I pointed out the window to another building and asked if he knew what it was. He did not. I said “that is the Ritz, and rooms are $1,600/night. Take the thousand dollars+ you saved, and you can buy your own damn top shelf drinks, and cater the spread for the rest of us!” Basically, I shut that asshole down and embarrassed him to some degree, allowing the staff to breathe again.

The bar tenders now love me and my pours about doubled. My wife came down wondering what to do for dinner tonight. She said it felt nice out by the pool. The guy in charge of the bar set up a table outside for us to eat where we could still see the Xavier game thru the window, complete with candles and flowers that came from nowhere.

Moral of the story, don’t be a jackass and take care of your servers.

Great win, and Xavier won a few new fans tonight amongst my bar peeps!

I dunno. I hate to say it but I think Saturday could be a loss. Absolutely zero depth against that kind of team who will be desperate for a resume win. Nova is also a completely different team now with Moore back. I could see a couple of home losses along with the road trips to Marquette and providence
    If they can gut out a win against Providence at home, they can gut out a win against anyone in this conference at home.

BUT, Miller has to find some of Michael's Secret Stuff to give to someone else on the bench besides Des.

Supporting Member
    What's that have to do with the ignorant "this level" comment?

Kunk plays significant AND productive minutes for any team in this conference, there for, any team in the country. He's just an exceptional college basketball player. Absolutely no 10-2 without him.
    Exceptional basketball player? He’s a good role player at this level. He can’t guard a lamppost, gets caught on screens constantly, and has trouble getting his shot off. I disagree he plays significant and productive minutes for any team in this conference, maybe half and he certainly wouldn’t start for anyone ther than DePaul or butler. He plays this much at Xavier out of necessity because Steele was inconsistent as a recruiter.

Anyways, we are far off on this and pretty sure we aren’t going to change the others mind. I know you’re a big fan of his. I think he’s ok.