Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Freemantle Hurt

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    This fucking sucks. He has to be incredibly pissed off.. was having a fantastic year, came back to play in the tourney and now who knows to what extent this will leave him out. Fuck
    If it is a stress fracture he will be back for March. It would heal up in that time but would be smart to then have surgery after the season to reduce the risk of it keep happening. With a stress fracture you can play through it but it will hurt and get worse. Best to let it heal for a few weeks.

All-Conference
    If true, rest him up until the tourney. We've put ourselves in a position to weather the storm and still make the tournament.

Also provides a chance for someone to step up. You can't hide Miles and Edwards anymore - it's time to step up and give meaningful minutes. They don't have to replace Zach's production, but they do have to provide a balance for Nunge. Otherwise, Nunge is going to be worn out by March too.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    If true, rest him up until the tourney. We've put ourselves in a position to weather the storm and still make the tournament.

Also provides a chance for someone to step up. You can't hide Miles and Edwards anymore - it's time to step up and give meaningful minutes. They don't have to replace Zach's production, but they do have to provide a balance for Nunge. Otherwise, Nunge is going to be worn out by March too.
    Yep, hopefully Edwards rises to the challenge. Just play decent defense, rebound, and don't "take fucked up shots" or turn it over. Defense and rebound.

I could see this creating a few more mins for Kyky in the smaller lineups as well.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Hunter's minutes are probably going to double. Was averaging 14.5, he needs to play at least 28 which is what Free was playing. Need him to play good defense without fouling.

Hopkins is going to be a load tomorrow.

Boum and Colby need to be alpha dogs going forward. This is an opportunity for the guys who already play a lot also, if not more so even than for those who will be thrust into action.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    Everyone is going to have to step up a bit… kyky, craft, hunter, miles, Edwards are all going to have to pitch in and get it done!

It seems like teams that go far in March face some sort of adversity. Well, here we are. I have said all year to my wife- Nunge/Boum/Jones have to stay healthy for this team to go far. Freemantle was a step below, and Kunkel another couple steps below. We need to find our "Brock Purdy" players now.

Obviously the tourney is the goal, but boy would it be nice to hang a Big East regular season championship banner. This makes that a heck of a lot tougher. I know Miller cannot work miracles, but really hoping his coaching acumen will allow us to continue on a very positive path. We do have a full week of practice NEXT week (no games during the week), so if we can survive this week and get the tough Ws with our main 6 and a little help, perhaps next week will be a great time to figure out who else can really jump in to help carry the load.

Need full Ewing Theory in effect tomorrow night.

Junior
    How long was he out last year with the foot injury? For some reason I remember it wasn’t quite as long as expected. I know it all depends on the severity. But I was in the camp with Xville. A stress fracture this late in the season would likely take him out rest of year. I’d be happy if he could return for March

I think Freemantle was not playing or practicing last year for 2 months. He came back and slowly played in December I believe.

Supporting Member
    yeah...im no doctor but in seeing others with this kind of injury (if thats what it is) this isn't a couple of weeks and he will be fine kind of thing. This is a 6-8 week thing, and then he would have to get up to game shape and speed. If its a stress fracture, hes probably done. This is all speculation though until we hear something, which who knows if we ever hear anything official other than he has an injury.