Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Returnees

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    I know scholarships are renewable on a yearly basis. I generally think it’s a bad look when a team pulls the scholly from a kid and essentially forces them to transfer.

But, with the extra Covid year I’m a little hesitant to think we would be obliged to take some guys back for a 5th year. I assume the guys that have been around for 4 years are graduating this year. I believe we have served them well by honoring the 4 years.

I suppose I’m in favor of MORE roster turnover vs less. I’d take back Free, Colby, Des, and Craft. Maybe Edwards. Otherwise I’d try to grab 4-5 serviceable contributors from the portal and hope the freshman are ready
    If you need someone on your team with butter fingers who slaps at the ball instead of grabbing a rebound, Edwards is your man. Surely X can do better

Free is rumored to be going to UK
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    Free is rumored to be going to UK
    Yea seems like family wants him to play for a coach who gets kids to NBA. Huge eye roll.

Junior
    Exactly what I’ve seen. His family seems to be a handful and was the main reason he didn’t rejoin the team. Just what I’ve seen with no first hand knowledge

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Exactly what I’ve seen. His family seems to be a handful and was the main reason he didn’t rejoin the team. Just what I’ve seen with no first hand knowledge
    You’ve seen this but have no first-hand knowledge? How does that work? :)
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Yea seems like family wants him to play for a coach who gets kids to NBA. Huge eye roll.
    That’s hilarious. Sean will have 12 guys he coached playing in the NBA next year.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    You’ve seen this but have no first-hand knowledge? How does that work? :)
    I’ve seen the same things but just on message boards and stuff like that. No inside sources is all. It’s all speculation

Can’t imagine that Free would step right and and play at a place like UK. I’m sure there is another top class on the way. I believe free can score effectively at this level, but that defense is a real issue. Neither his O or D is NBA level and calipari isn’t so much a guy that develops kids into NBA players as a guy that gets to coach can’t miss NBA guys.

Oh well. A lot of drama with Free. Can’t say I will miss that part

Junior
    Cal and Sean are good friends. I wonder if Coach Cal would ask Coach Miller for a scouting report if Free we’re to enter the portal. And I’m really curious as to what Miller would say…
    zip em up

I have not seen any drama with Freemantle. He has been a huge benefit on X squad each year. Last year was an anomaly with his foot screwing up with his conditioning and timing. He was clearly head of the team offensively this season. I recall Miller having Zach play pretty "good" defense this past January. He will be sorely missed and I hope he has 1 more year in him.

Let me remind you of some posters' messages last season(and in 2021) proclaiming Freemantle was definitely transferring. I am sure Freemantle is no dummy and he sees the benefit of Miller coaching.

I am not a Calipari fan but I will give him credit for getting a frequent who's who of top basketball recruits agreeing to join Kentucky.
    Last edited by xukeith; 03-26-2023 at 05:44 AM.