Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Jerome Hunter is Xavier’s Best Sixth Man Since….

I say James Posey.

Have at it!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

...Jordan Crawford came off the bench against UC

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Some of these guys I have a hard time remembering if they were 6th man or not but initial thoughts if they were, some good ones:

James Farr
    Malcolm Bernard
    JP (for a time)
    CJ Anderson
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    I say James Posey.

Have at it!
    It's going to be hard to beat James Posey.

Agree with Posey. Crazy what Jerome has done. He Was the whipping boy last year for the fans and now the fan favorite. Guy was crying during a game earlier in the year out of frustration. Really happy for the turnaround for him. He will Keep getting better and wouldn’t be surprised to see him come back next year and be a bigger focus on offense. He is for the first time probably really enjoying his college playing experience and seeing what he really can be.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Some of these guys I have a hard time remembering if they were 6th man or not but initial thoughts if they were, some good ones:

James Farr
    Malcolm Bernard
    JP (for a time)
    CJ Anderson
    I don't recall Malcolm Bernard giving us much until the NCAA tournament run. The other 3 are legit, although all 3 ended up starting eventually (I think) which lends to a debate around what the definition of '6th man' is.

It's been absolutely incredible to watch Jerome Hunter's progression this season. He has completely transformed his game from last year and it's obvious that the kid busts his ass. It's great to see that translate into him playing lots of productive minutes and having fun doing it. Hopefully we continue to see more and more of Hunter as the season goes on.
    Eat Donuts!

That huge MAN-Rebound and stick back against UConn epitomizes the player he is this year. I love what he brings every game. Kudos to HIM for being coachable and bringing the fire every night
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

BJ Raymond in 2008. Averaged 10 points and 3 rebounds off the bench. Shot over 40% from three.

His three vs West Virginia is one of my favorite Muskie moments from one of my all-time favorite Muskies.

"DO IT BJ!!!"
    "It's like X wasn't given enough to do, so they had to promise it more. Okay, you don't start a lot of words, but we'll give you a co-starring role in tic-tac-toe. And you will be associated with hugs and kisses. And you will mark the spot. And you will make writing Christmas easier." -Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    I don't recall Malcolm Bernard giving us much until the NCAA tournament run. The other 3 are legit, although all 3 ended up starting eventually (I think) which lends to a debate around what the definition of '6th man' is.

It's been absolutely incredible to watch Jerome Hunter's progression this season. He has completely transformed his game from last year and it's obvious that the kid busts his ass. It's great to see that translate into him playing lots of productive minutes and having fun doing it. Hopefully we continue to see more and more of Hunter as the season goes on.
    True on Malcolm. In 9 games prior to Feb 26th of that year he scored 36 points, in the last 10 including the ncaa tourney he scored 95. Probably most remembered for his 15 point performance in the win over Arizona. He only averaged 6 points a game for the year.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    True on Malcolm. In 9 games prior to Feb 26th of that year he scored 36 points, in the last 10 including the ncaa tourney he scored 95. Probably most remembered for his 15 point performance in the win over Arizona. He only averaged 6 points a game for the year.
    Good call. I much remember him for his end of season play and his speech to the team.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17