Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    I like them. I was worried about McDermott coaching without his son and I am pleasantly wrong. He’s a solid coach, especially offensively (duh). He’s good for creighton and the big East.

As for the game, I still think they are the 2nd best team in the big East. They took some lumps when the big was out but I think they find their way to the tournament and could be an 8/9 seed that no 1 seed wants to see. While a long way to go….if X finds a way to win I will be surprised if they don’t go on to win the big East.
    Agree on Creighton being the 2nd best team in the league and McDermott can coach. The great thing about Xavier now is that in every game I know we have the best coach and you always know you can win at home and on the road. That feeling wasn’t there the last 4 years and couldn’t be happier that Xavier basketball is back to being what it should be.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Am I the only one that can't stand Creighton? I can't stand Greg McDermott either.

This would be a sweeter win than UConn in my book. Maybe not better, but more satisfying.
    No issues with Creighton here. Or McDermott.

I don't have hate for many of the teams in our league but ranking the all of them according to which we dislike the most might be a fun topic for another thread.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

I think Creighton is the more challenging of the two games this week, but winning at UConn gives Xavier a huge confidence boost. We know that we can win this type of game.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post

I don't have hate for many of the teams in our league but ranking the all of them according to which we dislike the most might be a fun topic for another thread.
    Thing is, they really dislike us. Probably began with Thad Matta's Xavier teams sweeping a home-and-home with the Bluejays back in 2002 and 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    I like them. I was worried about McDermott coaching without his son and I am pleasantly wrong. He’s a solid coach, especially offensively (duh). He’s good for creighton and the big East.

As for the game, I still think they are the 2nd best team in the big East. They took some lumps when the big was out but I think they find their way to the tournament and could be an 8/9 seed that no 1 seed wants to see. While a long way to go….if X finds a way to win I will be surprised if they don’t go on to win the big East.
    I like Creighton too and McDermott is a good guy, competitive, but not a troll at all. He knows how to subtly work the refs. I respect that. The other coaches really like him too.
    I also am fine with their fans. I’ve met many of them both in Omaha and New York. They are passionate, good for them, but respectful and knowledgeable- unlike rubes such as other “cornbelt cretins” like VD Cryer fan or Butler who are insufferable
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post

I think Butler wins in a walk. Some of the stuff that was said to my X grad Daughter & I at Hinkle last year cannot be repeated in polite company.
    That place has the biggest inferiority complex of any gym I致e ever been in.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Am I the only one that can't stand Creighton? I can't stand Greg McDermott either.

This would be a sweeter win than UConn in my book. Maybe not better, but more satisfying.
    They’re next on the schedule so I dislike them.
    Next week I’ll go back to being friends with the Creighton grads I know out here. :)
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

Xavier +5 tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    I think Butler wins in a walk. Some of the stuff that was said to my X grad Daughter & I at Hinkle last year cannot be repeated in polite company.
    That place has the biggest inferiority complex of any gym I’ve ever been in.
    Oh, no question Butler is at the top of the dislike list.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Xavier +5 tomorrow.
    Yeah I see 5 and 5.5. I got a bet on them +5.5