Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Come on guys, hopefully you understand the difference between Saudi oil (which is state owned) compared to US based company with US based employee's. I'm no expert and reserve the right to understand better.........but this is why so many people have issue with LIV. Their govt denies basic human rights, erases free speech and does all sorts of horrible things.

Sounds a bit like Canada.

When I hear Canada I think “attic”.

It’s Kathleen Madigan’s fault. Funny bit.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Come on guys, hopefully you understand the difference between Saudi oil (which is state owned) compared to US based company with US based employee's. I'm no expert and reserve the right to understand better.........but this is why so many people have issue with LIV. Their govt denies basic human rights, erases free speech and does all sorts of horrible things.
    Ok. Everybody boycott the Canadian Open in freedom restrictive Canadastan!!!!

By the way. The National Basketball Association bends over backwards to kow tow to CHINA!!
    I don’t see Bleed pontificating on THAT professional relationship.
    Pros are in it for money, wherever it comes from. That’s just fact.
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 01-23-2023 at 05:46 PM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Sophomore
    People hate because the media and PGA tour have told you to hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by xuwillie View Post
    People hate because the media and PGA tour have told you to hate it.
    Hmmm. Ok, maybe so for some people. I love pro golf and really am trying to understand LIV and how its fits and is good for golf.

Sophomore
    Hmmm. Ok, maybe so for some people. I love pro golf and really am trying to understand LIV and how its fits and is good for golf.
    Good for golf and players wanting to make guaranteed money are two different things. Just look at all the changes the PGA tour has made since Liv started. They where a true monopoly taking advantage of players for years (unless you where at top 10 player). We fans should be pissed

Quote Originally Posted by xuwillie View Post
    Good for golf and players wanting to make guaranteed money are two different things. Just look at all the changes the PGA tour has made since Liv started. They where a true monopoly taking advantage of players for years (unless you where at top 10 player). We fans should be pissed
    You have to be kidding. The PGA Tour has been the best golf tour on the planet for decades. The best Euro players came here bc that tour was inferior to the PGA. Best weather, courses, prize money etc. Fans being pissed? Not a single one. Norman tried for years to develop a competing tour. He finally found a soulless regime to bankroll him. True, the PGA has made some changes to counter LIV. They had to. Again, we will see if its good for golf in the long run. Right now, you have a product (professional tour golf) that has been spilt/fractured and that isn't good for the product. I want to see the best players competing against each other as much as possible.

Sophomore
    You have to be kidding. The PGA Tour has been the best golf tour on the planet for decades. The best Euro players came here bc that tour was inferior to the PGA. Best weather, courses, prize money etc. Fans being pissed? Not a single one. Norman tried for years to develop a competing tour. He finally found a soulless regime to bankroll him. True, the PGA has made some changes to counter LIV. They had to. Again, we will see if its good for golf in the long run. Right now, you have a product (professional tour golf) that has been spilt/fractured and that isn't good for the product. I want to see the best players competing against each other as much as possible.
    Just because they where the best doesn’t meant jackshit. You really think these guys making 500k-1m are getting paid there worth? Look at all the other sports and guaranteed money. Since liv came along the PGA is now offering guaranteed money to all players. Would they have done that if Liv never came around? Highly doubtful, that was Mickileson’s argument for years. He has plenty of money but thought most players werent making their worth. So yes they where the best tour to watch but does that mean anything to the players who want to make more money?

Sophomore
    And I don’t love it as well, haven’t watched a PGA tournament (minus the majors) since this all went down. I’ll watch some liv due to Jason but I’ll never judge an athlete on how to make money. Look at Ronaldo, he would have been silly not to take 75m a year from the saudis.