Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Yeah, not a great analogy. LIV isn't all bad. They will force the PGA Tour to increase purses and change the way they do business. Maybe even alter the way tourneys are run. But, in the end money usually does win. I just dont see what the end game is for LIV? Clearly they are incredibly upside down on their investment and will be for years. What more can they be in this for is my question.
    Sociopolitical motives. That's probably the main reason they are doing this. They don't give a F about golf, the same way they don't give an F about Formula 1 and all the money they have dropped there.

Speaking of Autoracing, Open Wheel Racing used to be a huge deal here in the US, and then the split happened, and its never recovered. Golf I think is way more popular than that used to be, but what I am getting at is this kind of split is bad for the sport as a whole. Yeah, some guys are going to get even more rich, but there's nothing good about that for the game of golf or the casual fan.
    Last edited by Xville; 01-20-2023 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Sociopolitical motives. That's probably the main reason they are doing this. They don't give a F about golf, the same way they don't give an F about Formula 1 and all the money they have dropped there.

Speaking of Autoracing, Open Wheel Racing used to be a huge deal here in the US, and then the split happened, and its never recovered. Golf I think is way more popular than that used to be, but what I am getting at is this kind of split is bad for the sport as a whole. Yeah, some guys are going to get even more rich, but there's nothing good about that for the game of golf or the casual fan.
    If this is true, shame on the players that took the bait. They will be responsible for hurting the game of golf and the profession that helped them become very wealthy to begin with. Many of them were obscenely rich already. Greed. Pure fuc&^%g greed.

If this is true, shame on the players that took the bait. They will be responsible for hurting the game of golf and the profession that helped them become very wealthy to begin with. Many of them were obscenely rich already. Greed. Pure fuc&^%g greed.
    Welcome to professional sports where greed is a lifestyle. Some more than others.
    PGA Tour golfers who win a Tournament in a season get paid less than backup 2nd basemen in MLB, PLUS, they have to pay their caddy, and both have agents getting a percentage. PGA Tour players make less than almost all other high profile successful “entertainers” - and rather than having a season with 3-5 months off, they have to work all 12.
    The PGA Tour takes in huge money from full year TV, sponsorships and event ticket sales then “donates” a fraction to Charity to give itself cover while screwing the players that make it popular.
    Nice grift. It’s long past time to level the field.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Welcome to professional sports where greed is a lifestyle. Some more than others.
    PGA Tour golfers who win a Tournament in a season get paid less than backup 2nd basemen in MLB, PLUS, they have to pay their caddy, and both have agents getting a percentage. PGA Tour players make less than almost all other high profile successful “entertainers” - and rather than having a season with 3-5 months off, they have to work all 12.
    The PGA Tour takes in huge money from full year TV, sponsorships and event ticket sales then “donates” a fraction to Charity to give itself cover while screwing the players that make it popular.
    NO ONE feels bad for guys playing golf and making millions.

You don't screw your own and you certainly don't go to play for oil money.

Freshman
    Screw the Saudi’s, screw LIV golf and screw all the greedy, soulless golfers (including Kokrak) who have joined ranks with those bastards. I stand with 9/11 families.

https://www.reuters.com/world/911-fa...up-2022-10-28/

you certainly don't go to play for oil money.
    What's wrong with playing for oil money?

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    WAHHH those poor millionaires. they don't have to work all 12.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    What's wrong with playing for oil money?
    And getting guaranteed money like every other sport. GO Jason, would have done the same thing

You don't screw your own and you certainly don't go to play for oil money.
    “Screw your own?”
    Pretty sure the guys still on the PGA Tour are happy with the extra cash that they are FINALLY getting paid because of Competition in the game?
    And I think that some of the sponsors on the PGA Tour events are pretty rich companies- some of them OIL COMPANIES? (Shell Houston Open)
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    And the Valero Texas Open.