Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SM#24 View Post
    Chase will be off the team and out of LIV completely for finishing in 48th place.
    They will have a “play in” mini tournament.
    If Chase survives that, Brooks, as Smash Team Captain has the right to pick him.
    It’s counterproductive for the team, and Brooks might be fed up with his Bro dragging them down, but it’s really up to Brooks.
    Wolf will definitely be gone. He’s been a somewhat disruptive force this year and there is no love lost between he and Brooks/Jason.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    They will have a “play in” mini tournament.
    If Chase survives that, Brooks, as Smash Team Captain has the right to pick him.
    It’s counterproductive for the team, and Brooks might be fed up with his Bro dragging them down, but it’s really up to Brooks.
    Wolf will definitely be gone. He’s been a somewhat disruptive force this year and there is no love lost between he and Brooks/Jason.
    Does Chase get a spot in the qualifier ? The announcers made it seem like 45+ are gone. Not sure who exactly gets in the qualifier event. I know it's some from the Asian tour but not sure if numbers 25-44 on the LIV list also play in that. Brooks latest comments make it seem like Chase is done (and he should be...other than a small handful of rounds, he really looked out of place compared to the vast majority of players). Smash was basically playing with three guys all year (actually 2 1/2; Wolff would show up occasionally with good rounds).

Wolff is done with Smash...Brooks doesn't like him and has made that clear. But he did finish 27th for the year, granted he hasn't done anything since the first half of the year other than Greenbrier. Don't know what Wolff did to make himself be a disruptive force other than not play well. I know he's been dealing with his "mentals." But was it Wolff himself through his actions and interactions that made him disruptive or was it Brooks just pissed at him for playing poorly and in Brooks' mind not practicing hard enough ?

Brooks should have stuck with Peter Uihlein and not swapped him out for Wolff.

I don't particularly like Brooks, and it seems I like him less every time he opens his mouth, but I begrudgingly root for him since he plays on my favorite team.

Quote Originally Posted by SM#24 View Post
    Does Chase get a spot in the qualifier ? The announcers made it seem like 45+ are gone. Not sure who exactly gets in the qualifier event. I know it's some from the Asian tour but not sure if numbers 25-44 on the LIV list also play in that. Brooks latest comments make it seem like Chase is done (and he should be...other than a small handful of rounds, he really looked out of place compared to the vast majority of players). Smash was basically playing with three guys all year (actually 2 1/2; Wolff would show up occasionally with good rounds).

Wolff is done with Smash...Brooks doesn't like him and has made that clear. But he did finish 27th for the year, granted he hasn't done anything since the first half of the year other than Greenbrier. Don't know what Wolff did to make himself be a disruptive force other than not play well. I know he's been dealing with his "mentals." But was it Wolff himself through his actions and interactions that made him disruptive or was it Brooks just pissed at him for playing poorly and in Brooks' mind not practicing hard enough ?

Brooks should have stuck with Peter Uihlein and not swapped him out for Wolff.

I don't particularly like Brooks, and it seems I like him less every time he opens his mouth, but I begrudgingly root for him since he plays on my favorite team.
    I watched Wolff at last years Masters. He was very immature and pouted all the way around the course. I think he's also indicated he's had some mental health issues. So, sounds like he has his hands full. Maybe a new team will help turn things around.

Supporting Member
    Looks like Rahm is set to join liv. That’s a catastrophic move for the tour. However you want to make your money but this makes Rahm, a pretty big hypocrite given his past quotes.

I'm here for it Rahm!

Honestly, who cares? The PGA Tour actually kinda blows. It's only the majors that matter.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I'm here for it Rahm!

Honestly, who cares? The PGA Tour actually kinda blows. It's only the majors that matter.
    I care in that I’d like to see the best players at some of the other big events outside of the majors. Golf is starting to lose my attention anyways though. Between the circus that is liv, the dumb tgl idea, the roll back of the ball. The sport seems to be intent on destroying itself.

I get it, but from my casual fan perspective LIV is the first interesting thing to happen to the PGA Tour since Tiger Woods. I definitely follow/enjoy the majors, but the actual Tour is something to fall asleep to on Sunday afternoons. I miss following Kokrak, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Looks like Rahm is set to join liv. That’s a catastrophic move for the tour. However you want to make your money but this makes Rahm, a pretty big hypocrite given his past quotes.
    Not good, but also not catastrophic either. Now Rory, Speith, Thomas, Scotty, Victor start to go as well, then there's an issue. My question is whos getting the return on 500M other than Rahm? They'll need 10-15 billion more to move all the top players?

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Not good, but also not catastrophic either. Now Rory, Speith, Thomas, Scotty, Victor start to go as well, then there's an issue. My question is whos getting the return on 500M other than Rahm? They'll need 10-15 billion more to move all the top players?
    The PIF has assets of $776 Billion. Not a problem.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Supporting Member
    It will be interesting to see how all this gets worked out. From my understanding the pif deal is required to be done by the end of the year. Not sure I see that happening, unless this was the way to get the tours attention to get it done.