Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Why would you think the Saudis are in this whole thing too make money?
    There's no indication that any revenue stream (tickets/TV advertising/etc) will cover their expense.
    They are in it for other reasons. Probably to burnish their image on the world stage; or to provide entertainment for their citizens (like a FI race or soccer).

They've got billions of dollars from the world for us to drive our cars. They are just playing with a fraction of it.
    I think this is more accurate. I really don’t think the saudis care about getting rid of the pga tour or not. That was probably more Norman’s intention

Wanna know why great players are going over to LIV?
    Money and more time off.

Scottie Scheffler at his most relatable in the interview room at the Masters.

"It's weird, golf is a deeply unsatisfying career. Like, all I'm thinking about right now is getting home. I'm just trying to answer your questions. I'm not even thinking about the green jacket right now. I just want to go home."
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Money and more time off.

Scottie Scheffler at his most relatable in the interview room at the Masters.

"It's weird, golf is a deeply unsatisfying career. Like, all I'm thinking about right now is getting home. I'm just trying to answer your questions. I'm not even thinking about the green jacket right now. I just want to go home."
    I bet he's pretty satisfied.

Supporting Member
    The Reporter that won the Master's media lottery has never played a round of golf in her life. Her first ever round will be at Augusta. Should we set the over/under at 250 strokes?
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Supporting Member
    Scheffler is ridiculous right now. Worst round this year has been even, and he’s made over 12 mil in 30 days beating his competition. Imagine that.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    The Reporter that won the Master's media lottery has never played a round of golf in her life. Her first ever round will be at Augusta. Should we set the over/under at 250 strokes?
    A reporter for the masters and never played golf once? Geezus f. Wrong on so many levels

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Money and more time off.
    I jokingly offered my two most valuable employees triple their salary and I'd cut their hours in half. They said they'd be interested.

...he went up late, and I was already up there.

LIV is not a normal business model. 99.9% of companies actually want and need to make a profit. They have owners and investors that want and need to make a profit. LIV is just spending oil money and some these guys are taking advantage of it.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    LIV is not a normal business model. 99.9% of companies actually want and need to make a profit. They have owners and investors that want and need to make a profit. LIV is just spending oil money and some these guys are taking advantage of it.
    Sounds a lot like NIL.