Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast
    Three or so years ago a sage on this page said that until XU started beating Villanova at home, we were nothing but their Dayton.

I thought that was apt at the time. It stung and stuck with me.

Today was a first step in straightening all that out.

Big win and cheers to Coach Miller and the team.

Late props to whoever put that out there.
    Warmly,
    "Mel"

Awesome game by Free.

Dude can score whenever and however down low. But the one handed push shots and the threat of 3 is the killer!

Thoughts…

Did Zach and Jerome and Carter take 3s in the flow of offense because they wanted to, or because they were told too?

Think about that. Freee has been fucking GOLD when it comes to making big threes when it matters. But in the normal course of the game he seems to brick a lot.

Second thought……

Please make sure Free lays off the open threes in “regular time” and just keeps using the same shot selection that he’s been using.

Really amazing to see his offensive efficiency

Quote Originally Posted by HenryMuto View Post
    After having to endure the Ohio State loss on Thursday then endure the Kentucky beat down today I can't take no more pain X has got to finish this one off.
    Henry, hope a big dose of roasted road kill makes you feel good!!

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Awesome game by Free.

Dude can score whenever and however down low. But the one handed push shots and the threat of 3 is the killer!

Thoughts…

Did Zach and Jerome and Carter take 3s in the flow of offense because they wanted to, or because they were told too?

Think about that. Freee has been fucking GOLD when it comes to making big threes when it matters. But in the normal course of the game he seems to brick a lot.

Second thought……

Please make sure Free lays off the open threes in “regular time” and just keeps using the same shot selection that he’s been using.

Really amazing to see his offensive efficiency
    My son and I were talking about this…we both think Miller gives Free the red light on 3’s until he sees how Free is playing offensively. If he’s rolling, Miller gives him the green light on wide open 3’s. Perhaps that’s why it seems all of Free’s 3’s this season have come mid second half on and later. Maybe?

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    My son and I were talking about this…we both think Miller gives Free the red light on 3’s until he sees how Free is playing offensively. If he’s rolling, Miller gives him the green light on wide open 3’s. Perhaps that’s why it seems all of Free’s 3’s this season have come mid second half on and later. Maybe?
    Yes. Same idea basically.

Some level of temperament. I think Steele told the guys that they HAD to take 3s when they were there. But currently it seems like they only take them when they want or need to. Hence, the confidence and success.

Edit: I do think Hunter was asked not to take 3s. And free was told if it was there and he was feeling it…

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Road Kill!!

We have now won 2 games so far I wasn't thinking we would when looking at the schedule and predicting our BE record.

This team is so fun to watch (most of the time!). I always have faith Miller would get things straightened out even in game when they arent going well.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Cooley XU'81 View Post
    Three or so years ago a sage on this page said that until XU started beating Villanova at home, we were nothing but their Dayton.

I thought that was apt at the time. It stung and stuck with me.

Today was a first step in straightening all that out.

Big win and cheers to Coach Miller and the team.

Late props to whoever put that out there.
    Well said! Public reps is all I got.

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    That poor cat…
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Agree, think Sean wants to have Free to see baskets go in before attempting. Not sure it’s a second half thing, but I haven’t seen many attempts in first. Looks like great strategy regardless.