Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Providence Friars lead Big East

Apparently taking a page from Xaviers' playback, Friars overwhelmed the Huskies with free throws (29 of 35) and shooting 47% from downtown. Scrappy, high pressure defense held UConn to 61 points! And the Friars won the rebound battle, breaking to the boards like a crack pipe .

According to the pundits, Providence starts 5-0 for first time ever, and upsets a higher ranked UConn for the 5th time. This was a Big East thriller and I expect the Friars will climb in the standings just like X did!

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

It was a pretty good game last night. Providence's Bryce Hopkins is extremely talented. I don't know how he can be stopped. Friars won BE conference last year and they look so stromg again. Cooley has some solid players.
    Last edited by xukeith; 01-07-2023 at 05:59 PM.

Now it's an amazing 6-0 start! Led by Noah Locke's 20 points, Friars ambush Johnnies to extend streak.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    For UConn fans to be 2 games behind the Friars, that's really got to stick up their craw at this stage in the season.

We don't see them until 1st of February and then 1st of March.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Sophomore
    Cooley runs a pick up team...all transfers in each year, Locke, Carter, Hopkins top players on SEC.teams, Croswell from Wake Forest. Last year same Horchler, Dunlop, Bynam all new players... What is going to happen with recruiting and player development? I dont like it but it is the new way

Quote Originally Posted by whopper View Post
    Cooley runs a pick up team...all transfers in each year, Locke, Carter, Hopkins top players on SEC.teams, Croswell from Wake Forest. Last year same Horchler, Dunlop, Bynam all new players... What is going to happen with recruiting and player development? I dont like it but it is the new way
    I have to believe that with this extra Covid year crap out of the way we’re gonna see less movement than before.
    I mean, I love Souley Boum but 3 schools? Thank goodness some kids like Colby like stability.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Ed Croswell spent 2 years at La Salle, not Wake. In fact, Jon Rothstein joked that Croswell transferred to Providence on a November Saturday and that cheers erupted in Manhattan (and the nation, for that matter).

After a big road win at Nova, the Friars are still hanging around at the top of BE. They are better with Jared Bynum in the lineup and have won 12 of last 14.

Xavier will have *Must Win* game Wednesday. If Friars keep playing with their recent intensity, they could steal a championship.

Schedule is in their favor, they play home games vs. Creighton in 2 weeks and Xavier March 1st.

I think among X, Marquette and Providence, one of these teams will win BE with 16-4 record.