Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    You are closer than you think….
    I'll go with Stephanie Norman then. She's been on Jeff Walz's bench forever and was college assistant coach of the year in 2020-21. Not sure why she'd wait this long and then take THIS opportunity, but it would at least have the appearance of being a good hire.

Supporting Member
    We should try for Chris Mack…he started out coaching girls.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I'll go with Stephanie Norman then. She's been on Jeff Walz's bench forever and was college assistant coach of the year in 2020-21. Not sure why she'd wait this long and then take THIS opportunity, but it would at least have the appearance of being a good hire.
    I have 2 concerns about Stephanie Norman:

1. No head coaching experience.

2. Assistant for 20 years. Why hasn’t she moved on to be head coach somewhere by now?

Fun fact: Norman was on Melanie Balcomb’s staff at Vanderbilt from 2002-2007.

Unfortunately, it may take someone with head coaching experience that has done rebuilds to turn this mess around.

Special is intriguing for a number of reasons, but I would have a lot of concerns given how things went with Amy Waugh. They have similar assistant coaching resumes.

Either way, it appears that Mel Moore’s time is going to be coming to an end soon. I’m not sure when her contract is up, either this year or next year. I feel for her. She’s done literally everything EXCEPT win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Kevin McGuff was Muffet McGraw's top assistant on the Notre Dame championship team of 2001 - his forte was recruiting (see Harris, Amber and Phillips, Ta'Shia). He was a great regular season coach, yet had a knack for underachieving in the NCAA Tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Kevin McGuff was Muffet McGraw's top assistant on the Notre Dame championship team of 2001 - his forte was recruiting (see Harris, Amber and Phillips, Ta'Shia). He was a great regular season coach, yet had a knack for underachieving in the NCAA Tournament.
    Yes, it begins and ends with recruiting.

Down by 31 at half to Geno-less UConn.
    Not competitive, and sad.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

UConn displayed much 4th quarter mercy.

Reid Ducharme's sister plays for UConn? I did not know that. That is some weird, wild stuff.
    Last edited by GoMuskies; 01-05-2023 at 08:00 PM.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    UConn displayed much 4th quarter mercy.

Reid Ducharme's sister plays for UConn? I did not know that. That is some weird, wild stuff.
    That is really odd, had no idea. They were at the game together. Makes a bit more sense now

Supporting Member
    At least we covered?
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Down by 31 at half to Geno-less UConn
    Azzi Fudd is still out too. That team could also have Paige Bueckers. UConn shot less than 50% from the floor and still almost doubled X up :( I shudder to think what a good offensive game from UConn would have looked like.
    Last edited by smileyy; 01-06-2023 at 12:11 AM.