Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I prefer to bet favorite ML in some contexts, like when Xavier is a very short favorite (-2 or 3). I don't want to be in a situation where Xavier wins a tight game against an evenly matched opponent, and I'm disappointed about it.
    yeah that's fair. I guess I was mainly speaking to heavy favorites like -5 or -6 and above

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    yeah that's fair. I guess I was mainly speaking to heavy favorites like -5 or -6 and above
    We're all just talking about how we prefer to lose our money, so different strokes for different folks....but I also like the two team parlay with a regular spread bet and a ML favorite where I'm pretty sure the team will win but not necessarily cover. That makes your line bet into a +something. Of course, it sucks when your ML favorite loses and your spread bet covers!

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    We're all just talking about how we prefer to lose our money, so different strokes for different folks....but I also like the two team parlay with a regular spread bet and a ML favorite where I'm pretty sure the team will win but not necessarily cover. That makes your line bet into a +something. Of course, it sucks when your ML favorite loses and your spread bet covers!
    Ha no truer words have ever been spoken on this forum.

I think I read somewhere that even professional gamblers only end up winning about 55% so the margins on razor thin. They are just betting an insane amount of money so that it ends up where they can live “comfortably”

Money line faves! I'm the rare Xavier bettor who won tonight.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Nice win. Placed a small parlay wager on the over and X to cover.

Boo.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Ha, just realized I missed both. Thought I got the over by half a point but it was 143.5. Not that winning one matters.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Newbie Gambler Thread

The sports books are open in Ohio Let’s see how I do playing with their money on the first day. Got $200 to bet on both Draft Kings and BetMGM.

Any recommendations from the degenerate gamblers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Supporting Member
    Only thing I like and they aren’t strong are Jacksonville -3 and Carolina +3.5. Enjoy losing money like the rest of us :)

Oh and ne-2.5

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Only thing I like and they aren’t strong are Jacksonville -3 and Carolina +3.5. Enjoy losing money like the rest of us :)

Oh and ne-2.5
    Already lost my first bet. I picked Chelsea over Nottingham Forest in the EPL. NFO was at the bottom of the table and somehow managed to pull out a tie.

I did go with Carolina in one app and TB in the other.

Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post

I did go with Carolina in one app and TB in the other.

Hold on, what? Did you do money line or spreads. Seems like your bets will just cancel each other out and you will just be paying the -110 cost.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack