Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Boum Goes The Dynamite

Ten games in, Souley Boum has entered the pantheon of all-time great transfers to Xavier. All credit to Sean Miller for bringing him to Victory Parkway.

It is hard to imagine what this season would look like without him. His play has been instrumental in so many games so far. It instills a ton of confidence to have his poise and execution at the helm for the rest of the season.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

What AMeX said.

The only other transfer that I can think of that had such a major impact was Malcolm Bernard, and his leadership really didn’t display itself until later in the season.
    Souley has fit in seamlessly, but that’s what a real coach who knows how to build a team does. How many point guards were in the portal this year? Hundreds I’d guess, but Sean picked the Cherry from the pits. Not only is Souley a great talent, but he’s fearless, a vocal leader and built for the big moments.
    What an incredible addition!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Amen!

Sophomore
    yes and he really owns it. I can tell from his mostly very good performances but also from his reaction when things dont go his way. Desmond should shadow this man..it could make his career. Funny he seems a little metholdical in the dribble but gets where he wants to go with strong hand. I wish KyKy would snap out of it..a solid 5-7 min would mean the world to Kunkel-just protect the ball, work to get open, an occasional pull from 3 or drive, and get back and stay in front for 5-7. Kraft is a different player but maybe an option
    Last edited by whopper; 12-11-2022 at 10:07 AM.

Wasn't Crawford a transfer? He sure was an offensive power.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Wasn't Crawford a transfer? He sure was an offensive power.
    Yes, but Jordan wasn’t a Leader. A difference maker on sheer talent? Yes. But remember his first 10 games were rough and Mack had to do some aggressive counseling early in that season. Malcolm was a solid quiet leader early on.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    What AMeX said.

The only other transfer that I can think of that had such a major impact was Malcolm Bernard, and his leadership really didn’t display itself until later in the season.
    Souley has fit in seamlessly, but that’s what a real coach who knows how to build a team does. How many point guards were in the portal this year? Hundreds I’d guess, but Sean picked the Cherry from the pits. Not only is Souley a great talent, but he’s fearless, a vocal leader and built for the big moments.
    What an incredible addition!
    Sean said that he's had his eye on Souley ever since he played against Arizona when Sean was their coach. So he knew exactly what he was getting. Seems to be working out well for both Xavier and Souley.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    Ten games in, Souley Boum has entered the pantheon of all-time great transfers to Xavier. All credit to Sean Miller for bringing him to Victory Parkway.

It is hard to imagine what this season would look like without him. His play has been instrumental in so many games so far. It instills a ton of confidence to have his poise and execution at the helm for the rest of the season.
    I’d put Kanter in this category as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat View Post
    I’d put Kanter in this category as well.
    Ah yes!!! I stand corrected! Kerem was awesome!!! Props!!

Supporting Member
    He’s been awesome and I love his attitude. Unbelievable pickup by Sean.