Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    It’s beautiful to watch how Boum lets the game and the defense he sees determine whether he will be more of a facilitator or scorer. Part of that mindset likely leads him to be able to score more in the second half. When the opposing defense starts to become comfortable in the game with Boum pass so much, Boum then starts making his move as a scorer.

Unfortunately, he’s looked like he’s been missing that next gear in the second half lately- and I wonder if some of you are right about him being exhausted from playing too many minutes. I hate not having him on the floor, but he is going to have trouble providing a spark if his energy is depleted. I also think the bigs -getting into foul trouble early on Saturday - threw a wrench in the flow of the offense.

Saturday’s game was just strange. As soon as Nunge got that bogus foul, the entire team just looked deflated and off. It will help that the fellas get to play the next two games at home. We got to get back to dictating our tempo and way of play.
    Last edited by IM4X; 01-31-2023 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    I think Creighton played good defense vs Boum. He was bigger, faster, and really tired him out. Only available shots were 12-15 footers and X shot poorly. Creighton probably is best defensive team.
    Creighton is rated the best defensive team in the Big East. We played them at their place in a must win National TV showcase game for them after we had an emotional amazing win At UConn.
    Just one of those games on the schedule that every team has to face. We’re fine.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

It was not pretty, but it got closed.

Boum needs to refocus his shot, like a batter shortening his swing toward the end of the season. Not sure if it is fatigue or the numbers just reverting to their averages after a fantastic start. Every player wants to drill the quick three, but keep the ball moving if he is not feeling it.

Now get the man some electrolytes and a nap.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Miller Quote:

"You play him and then you kind of follow him afterwards," Miller told CBS Sports. "And I always had high regard for him as a player. And in particular, the way we're playing. We want guards that can score. It doesn't mean they don't pass, but we're not trying for, like, pure [point guard play]. We want guys that can shoot and he really fit that."

Somewhere, Dwon Odom is nodding in silent agreement....

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    It was not pretty, but it got closed.

Boum needs to refocus his shot, like a batter shortening his swing toward the end of the season. Not sure if it is fatigue or the numbers just reverting to their averages after a fantastic start. Every player wants to drill the quick three, but keep the ball moving if he is not feeling it.
    If I would had posted this in any further detail, some would accuse me of having an "ax to grind" or "making a stupid argument".

My comment on your post is- regardless of Boum's scoring numbers, it's good enough....and here's why.

He is putting together the most complete season by a Xavier PG...ever. We're talking Tu numbers here.

Souley is a mere 57 assists off Holloway's 174....good chance he exceeds that. However, Boum has turned it over only 41 times so far, and to reach Tu's 110 would be totally out of character. Both men have impressive FT & 3 ball percentages, but BFS has a clear lead in both. Now points scored. Holloway- 631 in 34 games....Boum sits at 374 in 23. If he comes close here....you decide.

If everything continues roughly in the same trajectory for Souley, a reasonable argument could be made that he is the finest PG to ever suit up for X. Again here's why....CONFERENCE PLAY.

71 assists- 16 turnovers....SIXTEEN. He had a ridiculous 9:1 ratio Wednesday, along with 20 pts....basically won the game. An absolute sick 45-51 from the line in the 12 BE games....that won several more games. ALL this in the Big East, not the A10.

AND...He's never been a true " PG".
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

I welcome the return of full throttle Souley Boum as we face a huge challenge at Providence and approach March.

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    I welcome the return of full throttle Souley Boum as we face a huge challenge at Providence and approach March.
    Hell yeah! I see that last, much criticized shot against the hall, as more of an "I'm still here" exclamation considering recent less-than-stellar performances and end-game fails.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Junior
    Boum at the next level is confusing to me. Just by watching I think boum would have a better chance to succeed in NBA than Jones. I get jones has the measurables and tools to mold into something (IE great potential in NBA eyes)…..maybe Boum looks really fast but compared to nba guys he wouldn’t be/add his size and it makes it really tough.

Regardless, I hope we get a special run from Boum in March.

Souley 'The Dynamite Went' Boum = Big East Player of the Year