Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    I just posted many times in a row.

You can’t expect perfection �� lol

What I don't understand is Miller's rationale for why X played so poorly in 2nd half.
    He said X looked worn out. Maybe they did get tired but how do very good teams play hard in second half?
    2 players off bench got starters off the court for any meaningful minutes.

X had a week off for the game. Tired? These guys are in top elite shape . Is the solution for X to play a ton of guys off bench in 1st half
    and then be able to play a strong second half?

Supporting Member
    Love when fans tell other fans how they should fan—awesome. I’m critical of that second half because when I start seeing the same crap happen every game, and haven’t been to the tournament in a few years, it’s a bit concerning. We have miller so I know the team should get a bit better when the calendar Flips and on into march, but gotta remember that these are not his guys. He’s not able to mold them as much.

Miller knows basketball, so I’ll trust what he said in the press conference, but I don’t really get it either. These guys are 18-22 year olds… maybe he is speaking specifically about the frontcourt since they rarely get any kind of break.

Happy for the win and think this team is a 3rd or 4th in the big East which should be enough for an invite.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Is there a reason Xavier is playing Southern during finals week this year? Or did the players get to skip the line and take their finals ahead of time?

My initial thought was finals was last week leading up to the UC game - apparently not.

That was like going to an office Christmas party with an awesome open bar then a couple hours in you suddenly had to talk seriously with the boss for a few minutes (then boss leaves and you drink the place dry).
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

I was blown away by the horrible D in the second half. Almost zero ball pressure and we played soft the whole way. Give UC credit, they took advantage.

Where was Miller's TO after we went up 4 with less than 10 seconds left?

First time I have questioned how he coached the game. He was not great yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by XU_Lou View Post
    What the hell is wrong with people who can't enjoy a win over our most hated rival? The perma-negativity about individual players is getting real old....
    Exactly!
    People this was a true road game vs a hated rival who is always tough to beat! Do you think SucKS would have taken a 3 point win at Xavier any year they played including the years they were Number 1? Hell yeah they would!!
    These are college basketball players that went into a cauldron of disdain and WON! Like ya say in golf, it’s not HOW, but HOW MANY!
    Xavier had more. They won. Case Closed.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Junior
    They did look tired in the second half. That’s where I think the intensity of the rivalry shows, IMO. I’m not sold they can’t play with elite teams, unless of course you don’t consider Gonzaga or Duke elite- and they may not be. (Top 10 teams. I think zags could be but not sold on Duke). They can score with everyone but can’t trust them to get key stops so while X can play with almost everyone unless elite teams miss shots it will be tough to get the W

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    I was blown away by the horrible D in the second half. Almost zero ball pressure and we played soft the whole way. Give UC credit, they took advantage.

Where was Miller's TO after we went up 4 with less than 10 seconds left?

First time I have questioned how he coached the game. He was not great yesterday.
    UC didn’t have any time outs left, why would you give them a chance to set up a play or go over strategy and get everyone on same page?

Supporting Member
    What’s really concerning to me is that against:

Florida
    Uc
    Duke
    Gonzaga
    Wvu

X has lost the first 4 minute war in the second half. In a couple of those games, x has obviously gotten away with it, but to me that is highly concerning moving forward.