Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NET Rankings

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar

NET Rankings

Did these just come out? Or have they been out all along? I forget how they work.

I just saw Joh Fanta tweet the BE NET rankings for each team. Looking a little rough for the BE right now.

2. UConn
    33. Creighton
    37. Marquette
    48. Xavier
    63. Butler
    71. St. Johns
    121. Seton Hall
    145. Providence
    160. Nova
    161. DePaul
    250. Georgetown
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Those are a little different that Warren Nolan's.

https://www.warrennolan.com/basketball/2023/net
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Way too early. NET rankings will make sense usually in beginning of February and they don't fluctuate too much in February/March. They are analyzed by selection committee by Quad 1, 2, 3, and 4 wins/losses.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post

The ones Fanta tweeted that I posted are straight from the NCAA website. Not sure what Warren Nolan's are, maybe his own?
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post

Warren hasn't plugged them into his site yet. Check around lunchtime. Unfortunately the guy does have a real job. I don't know why he won't just quit so we can get more timely updates!!!!
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Warren hasn't plugged them into his site yet. Check around lunchtime. Unfortunately the guy does have a real job. I don't know why he won't just quit so we can get more timely updates!!!!
    Ah, yep, I just saw it said updated through April 4th games. When I first looked I thought that said Dec 4th. That's why I was thinking maybe they were his own rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Way too early. NET rankings will make sense usually in beginning of February and they don't fluctuate too much in February/March. They are analyzed by selection committee by Quad 1, 2, 3, and 4 wins/losses.
    In one sense yes, but at the same time during a game the score and clock are still visible even ten seconds into the game. If Mississippi Valley leads 2-0 on Baylor that is way too early to declare an outcome, but I still like that they show it at all times. I actually wish they'd just start releasing the NET from Day 1. I mean...why not??

Warren just updated his site

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    In one sense yes, but at the same time during a game the score and clock are still visible even ten seconds into the game. If Mississippi Valley leads 2-0 on Baylor that is way too early to declare an outcome, but I still like that they show it at all times. I actually wish they'd just start releasing the NET from Day 1. I mean...why not??
    They wouldn't have any data to show from day 1, right? Unless they used data from the previous season like Kenpom and them do?

As it stands now, a road win Saturday against UC will be a Quad 3 win. Woof. Can't be upset in that one!