Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    How amazing is it to have a Tu like PG that A) Gets to the line, B) Shoots 90% from there??
    Money in the bank.
    It always drives me crazy when Guards can’t shoot free throws. It’s a job requirement..
    Absolutely right, MOR. I mentioned that to the boys on the way home from the game that he reminds me of Tu in that way - he hits foul shots and gets a lot. Hope you are feeling better. Missed you last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Agree. F the guy who gave Xavier the most success it’s ever had. What an ass
    You mean the guy who, after landing the head coaching job at X, stated that he (unlike the previous coaches) got his “dream job” and not a stepping stone to another bigger job… then years later bolted for another school and immediately dissed X along with all of the former players he coached there by suggesting it was not possible to win a Final Four at X… because you couldn’t get good enough recruits at X.

Strangely enough, he made that comment after a season where he had a talented enough team to get a #1 seed in the tournament - a team that had the best opportunity any X team ever had to reach a Final Four and yet it was HIS coaching that squandered that perfect opportunity. Poor coaching that was likely due in part to him being too distracted, thinking about securing his new dream job and a fat contract. Karma’s a bitch. He may have gained a ton of money, but he also lost a ton of integrity.

It’s not just his lack of integrity and his disloyalty to X. It’s also that prickly personality he unleashes when things don’t go well for him and his classless move to always blame his failures on his players or his assistants or even the previous school where he coached. He has made it very easy for this X alum to move on and never care to have him back on campus.
    Last edited by IM4X; 12-04-2022 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    I'd take Mack back as an assistant in a heartbeat. The dude knows basketball. It would make us better. I doubt he wants that however.

He left for bags of cash, and who can blame him. He gets to coast the rest of his life on those bags of cash. I wish I could do that.
    You are right that no one can really blame a guy for taking a new job for bags of cash. I just don’t like the way he handled that move and the way he handles many situations. I don’t care to have anyone around my University who was given so much from it, then leaves and makes the school and his previous players at There look inferior just so he can look superior. Sorry. Not happening on my watch.

Solid coaching ability is not enough for me to want someone back. He lost his integrity- we don’t have to lose ours by taking him back. Plus he’s been far too prickly and made fat too many dick moves. You don’t tell Xavier Nation that X is your dream job and then take off saying Louisville is better. It’s why his departure bothered me much more than the other coaches who left on their own. Not acceptable. In the words of the Sharks on Sharktank, “For those reasons- I am out!”
    Last edited by IM4X; 12-04-2022 at 02:42 PM.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    You mean the guy who, after landing the head coaching job at X, stated that he (unlike the previous coaches) got his “dream job” and not a stepping stone to another bigger job… then years later bolted for another school and immediately dissed X along with all of the former players he coached there by suggesting it was not possible to win a Final Four at X… because you couldn’t get good enough recruits at X..
    No, I mean the guy lead Xavier to new heights and it’s highest success. I hate when coaches do that.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    No, I mean the guy lead Xavier to new heights and its highest success. I hate when coaches do that.
    I remember him moving on from that Xavier team before their season was over so he could get to work at his new dream job. Oh and he did a hell of a job at Louisville. To hell with Mack.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Bumping this: what happened there?
    Through some intense investigation on Twitter I found that Stevenson went after Colby, and they had to be separated. I guess he took exception to Colby shutting him down in the second half. Apparently Huggy still trains his players to be little bitches.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    Through some intense investigation on Twitter I found that Stevenson went after Colby, and they had to be separated. I guess he took exception to Colby shutting him down in the second half. Apparently Huggy still trains his players to be little bitches.
    It must go with players named Stevenson. (See: Lance)
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    It must go with players named Stevenson. (See: Lance)
    It appears that his collision with Jones, which caused Jones the ankle tweak, wasn’t intentional, but it certainly showed a lack of sportsmanship for him to walk off the way he did after the play. Normally, I would say that I hope bad karma gets that kid somewhere along the way. He certainly deserves it.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    Huggins didn’t know what happened there either. He was shown on TV with the refs and you could read his lips asking, “what happened?”. He then went and shook Sean’s hand, and they looked very cordial. Looks like he has mellowed a lot. Or has he just been humbled.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Huggins didn’t know what happened there either. He was shown on TV with the refs and you could read his lips asking, “what happened?”. He then went and shook Sean’s hand, and they looked very cordial. Looks like he has mellowed a lot. Or has he just been humbled.
    He actually gave our strength coach a big hug after that.
    X A V I E R