Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xumadman View Post
    It's 9pm 12/3/22 and Xavier still owns Bob Huggins.
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    The boos were like old times - had a mini Crosstown feel tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Huggins skipped the handshake line with the players after shaking Millers hand.

Fuck him! Now we know where Mick learned it!

8-11. Suck it Bob!
    That game was FREAKIN’ AWESOME!!

It felt like that in the past there were far more games with this type of atmosphere than there are now. Not just with X, but with everyone! Now one (or both) teams will just find/invent a reason not to play. Which is sad, because that game was GREAT!! And at the end of the day, it’s just basketball. It’s not really THAT important. Politicians really shouldn’t act the way that most of them do, but basketball fans, players, and coaches?? That’s all good!! I wish we had a lot less of that in politics, but a lot more of that in basketball. So all this “classless” stuff is really just banter and is pretty much just harmless, and if anything a basketball game is an appropriate place for it and it’s all actually kind of fun. It’s just basketball. It’s a diversion from the things that actually do matter.

Can we make this a regular series??
    Last edited by xubrew; 12-04-2022 at 10:07 AM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    That game was FREAKIN’ AWESOME!!

Can we make this a regular series??
    If you can get UC to hire Huggy back.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Same old Thuggy. here's a link to his post-game last night...http://https://247sports.com/college...504603/?page=1
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

That link doesn't work. Then again, neither did his game plan.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Same old Thuggy. here's a link to his post-game last night...Fixing this broken quote
    That's better

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    Thanks, guys. At least my intentions were good.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    Posted this in other thread too:

I just watched it - I love how our fanbase irks him so much lol. The fact that he wouldn't comment on it says everything. Rent free in his head.

Also, I don't know that his comments were really all that justified. He's got a good team, and then says he needs better players. You see where Mick learned the thrown the players under the bus move. Also enjoyed the "gotta make shots" reference - his go to line at UC was "gotta make shots Chuck" - with Mashok post-game.

Also found it odd that on the ball defense stuck in his crawl. I forgot who it was, but their guard was a pest on the ball. He reminded me of Baylor's elite defender a couple years ago. It made Boum's performance even that much more impressive because that dude can guard.

I didn't think it was necessarily a game that they gave away. It was one that we finally said, "enough is enough" and won it.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Posted this in other thread too:

I just watched it - I love how our fanbase irks him so much lol. The fact that he wouldn't comment on it says everything. Rent free in his head.

Also, I don't know that his comments were really all that justified. He's got a good team, and then says he needs better players. You see where Mick learned the thrown the players under the bus move. Also enjoyed the "gotta make shots" reference - his go to line at UC was "gotta make shots Chuck" - with Mashok post-game.

Also found it odd that on the ball defense stuck in his crawl. I forgot who it was, but their guard was a pest on the ball. He reminded me of Baylor's elite defender a couple years ago. It made Boum's performance even that much more impressive because that dude can guard.

I didn't think it was necessarily a game that they gave away. It was one that we finally said, "enough is enough" and won it.
    Agree 100% with this post. Hugs loves to put his players down.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    I know you're probably being sarcastic, but I actually don't disagree with this on face value. Duke and UNC go out of their ways to publicly respect each other. When Huggins was at UC, the Crosstown Shootout was a million times more fun. The two teams didn't like each other and they felt no need to publicly pretend that they did. And.....what was so wrong with that??? All those "Little Brother" type comments never bothered me back in those days. Maybe if I had actually felt we were the little brother it would have, but we weren't, and it didn't. If anything, in a weird way, I kind of liked how more hot air was being pumped into it. The Shootout is still great, but for me it's never been as much fun as it was when Huggins was there. Then again, I haven't really lived in Cincinnati since then, so that's probably got a lot to do with it too.
    No, I agree with this 100%. The hatred between Duke-UNC is nothing compared to X-UC. I went to middle school/HS with lots of UC people... when Xavier would lose, it really sucked.