Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    All-Conference
    Mack knows basketball - sounds like he let the Louisville circus show get too close. He could land a good job if he wanted to.

It's been proven time and time again that there's just something corrupt and greedy down at the U of L - cesspool that's hard to escape once you get there.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Louisville hired a new President today. She is currently the President of Towson University in Baltimore. All should be fixed now!
    Well Towson certainly has a MUCH better basketball coach (and team) than Louisville.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Freshman
    The whole Louisville-Mack thing makes 0 sense to me.

With Padget at the helm in 2018, they lose in the 3rd round of the NIT to Mississippi State and finish the season 22-14. Obviously not where Louisville fans want to be, but not a dumpster fire season by any means. Padget is then let go and Mack is hired.

Mack has a decent team to start with and makes the tournament as a 7-seed but loses to Minnesota in the first round. Still not ideal if your a Louisville fan but the improvement can already be seen as Mack made the tournament in his first year which would have matched fans' expectations.

In year 2, Louisville starts the season ranked #3 on KenPom and goes on to have a 24-7 record before the season is cancelled from COVID. This team was good and probably would have made a nice run in the tournament had it happened (obviously impossible to say, though). I am not a Louisville fan but I would have to assume they were feeling good about this season and where they were headed before COVID happened. Mack was only in year 2 and had already produced solid results and a very highly rated team.

Year 3 could probably be thrown out due to it being the COVID season, but Louisville still finished 13-7 with two wins over Duke, but they lost in the 1st round of the ACC Tournament (to Duke), and did not make the tournament.

The wheels really fell off in year 4, where Louisville went 13-19 and Mack was fired. Despite starting the season highly rated on KenPom, the team did not play well and pretty much nothing good can be said.

My point is that Mack basically had one bad season and was fired. The argument could be made that his firing of assistants and the mess that came from that was not ideal since the program was already under NCAA investigation, but it is still wild that he was fired after literally one bad year. Now they are stuck with El Ellis and no one else.

He wasn't fired after one bad season. He was fired midway through one season that turned out to be terrible. The Cards were 11-9 when he was fired. Granted, they had lost 5 of 6 at the time.

That 1-5 stretch, follwed by 2-10 under Pegues and the 0-7 start this year means Louisville is 3-22 in the last 25 games.

He wasn't fired after one bad season. He was fired midway through one season that turned out to be terrible. The Cards were 11-9 when he was fired. Granted, they had lost 5 of 6 at the time.

That 1-5 stretch, follwed by 2-10 under Pegues and the 0-7 start this year means Louisville is 3-22 in the last 25 games.
    And based on what we've seen so far, it wouldn't shock me at all if they went 3-22 in their next 25 games. If they can even do that well.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Louisville hired a new President today. She is currently the President of Towson University in Baltimore. All should be fixed now!
    I wonder if the same President would have chosen Louisville had she known An Ohio State University was about to have a vacancy for their President.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Louisville is what's wrong with Louisville.
    Lousville's biggest problem is more of a general one than a specific one. It's inexperienced leadership within the athletic department that is far too heavily and easily persuaded by boosters and donors
    And knowin that school and town, because numerous family went to U of L, the Boosters & Donors comment hits home big time.
    Under Jurich the passion to move up into a big league (The ACC) dwarfed what SucKS did to finally make the Big 12. I mean, they just didn’t renovate Fairgrounds Stadium like The Borecats did, they built an entirely NEW one for football. Freaking Idiot Pizza Guy was a big driver and others who had vested interests. The YUM Center is a financial disaster and could have only been built if U of L was “Big League” so all kinds of Politicians were in that mix too along with developers. Add to that the unending envy Louisville feels in the shadow of SEC member UK cannot be discounted.
    Even my UL honk cousins say that they are in big trouble long term. Hiring their highly desired Payne may be the boosters Waterloo though.
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 11-30-2022 at 05:24 PM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell