Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Fickell GONE!

Well, this is it for Brohm. If he wants to come home, it's now or never.

I was looking at his staff over the weekend, and it's littered with people with connections to Louisville. Including brother Brian. Brother Greg was part of Louisville's staff foever and surely would be again. And dad Oscar (also a Louisville football legend like his three sons - okay, Greg was just a pretty good WR) is getting up there. Jeff wants the job he was born to have or he doesn't. Find out soon.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Yes, they have. I do remember that. It was a short time ago. But now there seem to be people that occupy key leadership roles that...well...are less than ideal. I bet Satterfield WANTED out. The fans may have wanted him out too, and if that's the case then I guess it's a win-win. And it wouldn't shock me (as hard as this is to believe) to learn that Brohm does not want in. At least not right now.

IF Satterfield goes to UC and keeps winning like they have been, and is routinely in the 12 team playoff hunt, then can one assume that whatever it was that was wrong with Louisville wasn't actually him?? Maybe that won't happen. But, I wouldn't be ENTIRELY shocked if it did.
    Who are these people in key leadership roles that you are talking about? Leadership has turned over in the last couple of years, president is brand new and ad is a year in his role, and seems to know what he is doing. Yeah payne could end sup being a bad hire, but that happens everywhere cough cough steele

Satterfield is way too nice of a guy for this level of football
    Last edited by Xville; 12-05-2022 at 09:10 AM.

Reminder for those who may have forgotten: Mike Bobinski is the AD at Purdue. He's been down this road a few times! LOL

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Reminder for those who may have forgotten: Mike Bobinski is the AD at Purdue. He's been down this road a few times! LOL
    I didn't realize that. How long has he been there?
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    I didn't realize that. How long has he been there?

All-Conference
    I'm a Louisville fan, and I think he was fine. Didn't deserve to get fired. But not sad to see him go. After four years, I'm still not sure what the identity of Louisville football was supposed to be under him.

As for 'Brew's point about people saying "You just can't win at Louisville", I suppose people have short memories these days, so maybe they'd forget that a number of different coaches have won a lot at Louisville. Hell, I've watched Louisville win a Fiesta Bowl, a Sugar Bowl and an Orange Bowl under three different coaches.
    Louisville's athletic program is a cesspool - it's why they've crashed and burned over the past 5 years. Full of corruption and greed.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Who are these people in key leadership roles that you are talking about? Leadership has turned over in the last couple of years, president is brand new and ad is a year in his role, and seems to know what he is doing. Yeah payne could end sup being a bad hire, but that happens everywhere cough cough steele

Satterfield is way too nice of a guy for this level of football
    I'm not even sure if it's Heird in particular, but does this seem like a normal sequence of events (granted its' basketball related, but still)...

-The President leaves for Penn State
    -The AD, who had been the interim AD, suddenly resigns
    -They appoint Heird as an interim AD, where he remains for six months.

At this point Louisville has both an interim president and an interim AD. So the first order of business, of course, is to....fire the basketball coach in the middle of the season??

-Kenny Payne is later hired. By the interim AD. Kenny Payne, to date, has won as many college basketball games as a head coach as I have, has no qualifications at all that suggest he's capable of coaching at this level, and the way things are playing out...it shows.

-The AD is finally hired full time. I guess they were quite impressed with the handling of how Chris Mack was replaced with Kenny Payne.

And now they finally have a new president.

That's just....NO THANKS!!! It actually appears as if they are taking direction from boosters. I said that half kidding in another thread, but it I'm only HALF kidding. Who the hell is making decisions at Louisville?? And why are seemingly all of them bad??
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Louisville's athletic program is a cesspool - it's why they've crashed and burned over the past 5 years. Full of corruption and greed AND STUPIDITY.
    ...edited this for you.

This is kind of hard to believe, and maybe it ends up getting turned around, but right now, at present day, Louisville is a COMPLETE MESS!! And is showing no signs of it getting better any time soon.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

All-Conference
    Do they care about football there? They're not bad but obviously basketball is killing it and very consistently.

Always liked Bobo - seemed like a great AD.

OK 'Brew, was the problem Satt or was the problem Louisville?