Thread: Fickell GONE!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fickell GONE!

In a complete stunner....Luke Fickell reported to be announced as University of Wisconsin Head Coach!!!
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Hate to see it.......
    Last edited by D-West & PO-Z; 11-27-2022 at 12:36 PM.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    But but but I was told he would only leave for Ohio state? Or, maybe he knows what we all know… uc is second rate and will be in a second rate conference even with the move to the big 12.

Bet Jim Leonhard is pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Bet Jim Leonhard is pissed.
    That's who UC should go get.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    If they could have it all over again, I am sure they would prefer Fickell had left last year for ND and they could have hired Marcus Freeman.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

They may have another shot at Freeman before too long.

Considering that X has lost multiple coaches to higher profile programs and leagues, I don’t think that we have any reason to throw stones at UC for losing a coach to a Big 10 school.

There are only a very few jobs in college football that can be considered final destination jobs….Alabama and OSU for sure, possibly ND as a 3rd. But even at those we have seen coaches leave for retirement, or the pros, and later return to college coaching at a different school. It happens. It’s the nature of the business. I think that anyone assuming that Miller is at X for the remainder of his college coaching career is bound to be disappointed.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    In a complete stunner....Luke Fickell reported to be announced as University of Wisconsin Head Coach!!!
    Dang, I thought he was going to coach the Muskies in the PFL…..