Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xuwillie View Post
    Really getting tired of watching Xavier teams refusing to play defense.
    That’s due to personnel. Hopefully it will get better as the year goes on but it will take some new players to be better consistently on defense.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Gonzaga offense > Muskies offense.

Healthy Colby and healthy Kunkel X wins by 7.
    Not sure about that - if you saw the final 5 minutes, Gonzaga was very effective getting good looks off of screens and made Xavier pay every time. Every effing time for 8 or 9 straight possessions.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    No moral victories but it’s November and they have competed with three top 15 teams and will play another ranked team next Saturday. Need that one. I would rather win these games in March and not win them in November like we have in the last few years. This team will get better. The team is in good hands with the coaching staff. If Colby keeps playing this way, he’s gone. Need to get Colby and Kunkel healthy over the next week.
    Might want to check that.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Might want to check that.
    What? West Virginia will be ranked. They will be 6-1 after tonight. They are rolling Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Not sure about that - if you saw the final 5 minutes, Gonzaga was very effective getting good looks off of screens and made Xavier pay every time. Every effing time for 8 or 9 straight possessions.
    Maybe not. Zags roster is dripping with talent.

X scrapes up some talent here and there. Maybe after next year's rebuild, things will shine brighter.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    The refusal to fight through screens and guard the 3 point shot is infuriating.

Junior
    Up 8, shot clock winding down- Freemantle doesn’t step up on screen and lets them shoot (albeit deep) open 3. That’s the low IQ stuff that’s hard to overcome. Sparked the quick comeback

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat View Post
    Another year of moral victories and close losses as “something to build on…” sucks.

This program used to have standards. Just frustrating this is where we’re at again.
    With all due respect, you may want to hold off on that conclusion.

We aren't there again, because we aren't there with Steele at the helm. This is going to take time to build and I believe it will be superb once Sean has a couple of his classes engaged in the mix. In the meantime, there is reasonable hope that this edition of Xavier basketball will make progress all the way to an NCAAT invitation.
    X A V I E R

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    With all due respect, you may want to hold off on that conclusion.

We aren't there again, because we aren't there with Steele at the helm. This is going to take time to build and I believe it will be superb once Sean has a couple of his classes engaged in the mix. In the meantime, there is reasonable hope that this edition of Xavier basketball will make progress all the way to an NCAAT invitation.
    Agree, but we better make some hay this year because with all that experience leaving next season will be rough. Once Kunk is back we should
    be fine. I'll argue that we beat Duke with him, and beat Gonzaga. We've had 3 heart breakers in 10 days.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Agree, but we better make some hay this year because with all that experience leaving next season will be rough. Once Kunk is back we should
    be fine. I'll argue that we beat Duke with him, and beat Gonzaga. We've had 3 heart breakers in 10 days.
    In this day of transfers eligible immediately and with Miller now as Coach (his recruiting roots deeper and further than Steele's) any guessing of what next years team will or wont be is foolish.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17