Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Game Thread: Xavier v Gonzaga (11/27/2022)

VS.

THE MATCHUP

RV/RV XAVIER UNIVERSITY MUSKETEERS (4-2, 0-0 BIG EAST)
    NO. 6/5 GONZAGA UNIVERSITY BULLDOGS (4-2, 0-0 WCC)
    SUNDAY, NOV. 27, 2022 AT 4:30 P.M. PST (7:30 P.M. ET)
    AT VETERANS MEMORIAL COLISEUM IN PORTLAND, OREGON

TV, RADIO & LIVE STATS

Television: ESPN with play by-play from Dan Schulman and analysis from Jay Bilas. Myron Medcalf is the sideline reporter.
    Radio: 55KRC with play-by-play from Xavier Hall of Famer Joe Sunderman ('79) and analysis from XU all-time leading scorer and Hall of Famer Byron Larkin ('88).

Live Stats: Media stats at Statbroadcast.com and fan stats at GoXavier.com.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Supporting Member
    I know x hasn’t played either of them much but getting really sick and tired of losing to duke and gonzaga. Shit needs to end tomorrow

Just realized Bilass is on the call, and they sat the lady sideline reporter down for Metcalf.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Junior
    Gonzaga is better than Duke. Don’t let that Purdue score fool you, zags missed a bunch of shots they usually make and the offense respected Purdue big too much. We don’t have that. They are the best team we will see OOC. Maybe all year- but Creighton and Uconn are right there. I’m assuming Kunk is out, it’s an extremely uphill battle.

Our 3s need to fall and we need someone to step up who hasn’t yet this year.

Junior
    Odd scheduling, championship @ 3:30, and our game @ 7:30?

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Kind of a weird arrangement where the men's and women's championship games are scattered in the Moda Center; the men's and women's 3rd place games are all scattered at the Veterans Memorial Coliseum (same building where X beat Florida on Thursday).

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Gonzaga is better than Duke. Don’t let that Purdue score fool you, zags missed a bunch of shots they usually make and the offense respected Purdue big too much. We don’t have that. They are the best team we will see OOC. Maybe all year- but Creighton and Uconn are right there. I’m assuming Kunk is out, it’s an extremely uphill battle.

Our 3s need to fall and we need someone to step up who hasn’t yet this year.
    I don’t know about all that. They have been absolutely smoked twice now. I don’t think their guards are as good as they have had in years past.

UConn and creighton are extremely good, I think they are both better than the zags this year imo.

Now with all that said, I expect the zags to beat x by ten plus. I think timme is going to have an absolute field day against our frontcourt and x’s d is mediocre at best right now.

I hope this post ages terribly.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Bart Trovik predicts a 5 point X loss and gives us a 31% chance to win.

I'll take those odds. It will be an uphill battle for sure.

Gonzaga is good but not as good as the last couple years. Guards aren't nearly as good as they have been and Holmgren covered a lot for Timme's defensive issues down low.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I don’t know about all that. They have been absolutely smoked twice now. I don’t think their guards are as good as they have had in years past.

UConn and creighton are extremely good, I think they are both better than the zags this year imo.

Now with all that said, I expect the zags to beat x by ten plus. I think timme is going to have an absolute field day against our frontcourt and x’s d is mediocre at best right now.

I hope this post ages terribly.
    They are not as good as the last couple years, that’s for sure. I may have over stated it, but mainly they are better than what they showed against Purdue- and much better offensively than Duke for sure. Tomorrow will be frustrating as Timme will destroy Freemantle/Anyone we put on him. Gonzaga will end up being a better win than either Duke or Indiana would’ve, though.

Send in Hunter and Miles to do nothing but double team Timme. Maybe something will happen.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."