Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I do not subscribe to Broering’s 247 board, but I have listened to a number of his podcasts. While I have enjoyed the ones that reveal some legitimate inside scoop/ news about Sean or X players or recruits, I have not been as interested in his speculative conversations with co-hosts or guests.

Broering can come across dismissive at times and overly presumptive other times - as if he honestly believed has more accurate answers to speculative topics. His speculative take is not necessarily any better than anyone else’s, yet sometimes he can act as if it is. No one knows how a player or team will do in the future against a particular opponent.

I have no idea what was posted on Rick’s board, but it would be a big mistake to allow personal attacks on any board. It’s certainly okay to express a difference of opinion, but turning it personal by calling someone a name or putting them down should not be acceptable. Also, kicking someone off a board because the person didn’t think X would win a game against a very good team sounds like a bad move as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pimpinthebox View Post
    I'll pile on the hilarious replies by 87 and Nuts. It's the inherent risk when you post on message boards. Don't take it so personally.
    Not seeing the purpose of this thread....at all.

All is see is a guy that got butt bruised on a message board and is actively seeking revenge by suggesting a boycott of the site.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Do you get a prorated refund when you are suspended?
    No. You are allowed to read other people's messages and read articles but no $ back for year subscription. And banned means keep paying but no interaction with posters.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    No. You are allowed to read other people's messages and read articles but no $ back for year subscription. And banned means keep paying but no interaction with posters.
    Rick bans people when they say the same thing a thousand times. He warns you and when you don’t get it, he will ban you for spamming the board. He doesn’t ban people for being negative. If he did, most people would have been banned the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Not seeing the purpose of this thread....at all.

All is see is a guy that got butt bruised on a message board and is actively seeking revenge by suggesting a boycott of the site.
    He never suggested a boycott. You are making shit up.

Junior
    The guy was being very obnoxious about X getting beat. He came off as trollish. Hell, I think we probably get our ass kicked today by Gonzaga, but I'm not going to post it ten times between now and 7:30. I prefer to hope the Zags have two bad games in a row. He seemed to be trying to see how many people he could piss off. Heck, I've been roasted for mentioning a generation of kids that grew up getting participation trophies. Just shake it off and move on. I like both sites. Rick often does have inside info, and this site has a reliable cast of characters for insight and laughs.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Rick bans people when they say the same thing a thousand times. He warns you and when you don’t get it, he will ban you for spamming the board. He doesn’t ban people for being negative. If he did, most people would have been banned the last few years.
    Everyone knows that's what our politics and global warming threads are for.

(end of thread hijack)

Broering has a quick trigger finger and comes across as super arrogant....... Outside of some inside info at times I don't value his opinion much.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Everyone knows that's what our politics and global warming threads are for.

(end of thread hijack)
    I’m proud that I personally started one of those threads.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by XUOWNSUC View Post
    He never suggested a boycott. You are making shit up.
    Huh? Maybe not directly.....so, how about implied, encouraged, hoping for?

What other reason could there be to start a new thread here, to bitch about what happened to him there? Pity Party?

There's no making "shit up" here. It's very clear what is being communicated by starting this weird thread.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 11-27-2022 at 11:17 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club