Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MuskiePimp23 View Post

Also, agree that if you wait long enough most of the info will come out on free boards.
    And if you wait as long as I do to care about that stuff, they might even show up on campus and play in a game!
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by MuskiePimp23 View Post

What is annoying is people calling for someone to "shut up" and calling them a "dumba$$" and nothing happens to those people and the person who simply stated an opinion that turned out to be 100% correct gets banned.
    When you put your opinion on the internet for all the world to see, you volunteer that opinion to be criticized, judged, agreed with, opposed no open yourself up to whatever feedback people decide to bestow upon you.

It is anonymous people on a message board, they don’t know you personally. If you don’t like the feedback, maybe don’t post. And I highly suggest you stay away from Twitter. The Twitterverse is not kind to people with questionable opinions.
    Last edited by nuts4xu; 11-29-2022 at 06:50 PM.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

I do think the site has a grade school circle jerk mentality sometimes. Just look at the XU-IU postgame thread.

All-Conference
    When you sign up for these sites, you have to know going in that there's going to be a certain level of stupidity - if that at all bothers you, you might as well not sign up.

It's a fan message board - stupidity is more common than rational thought. Just laugh it off and move on.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XUOWNSUC View Post
    I do think the site has a grade school circle jerk mentality sometimes. Just look at the XU-IU postgame thread.
    I think Rick does a good job. Problem I have is when he says something negative he gets 20 upvotes but if a fan says something negative you get 20 downvotes. Bunch of grade schoolers following their fearless leader

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Do you get a prorated refund when you are suspended?
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    When you put your opinion on the internet for all the world to see, you volunteer that opinion to be criticized, judged, agreed with, opposed no open yourself up to whatever feedback people decide to bestow upon you.

It is anonymous people on a message board, they don’t know you personally. If you don’t like the feedback, maybe don’t post. And I highly suggest you stay away from Twitter. The Twitterverse is not kind to people with questionable options.
    I don't disagree. The issue on 247 board is that you can't state an opinion. MuskiePimp didn't say anything outlandish about the team. He said he didn't see X beating Duke because of Duke's talent and where X is defensively. What's wrong with that opinion? Coach Miller has stated in every one of his press conferences that defense is a weak area for the team. If someone disagrees with that thought, that's totally fine. It's a message board, and there should be a good dialogue going back and forth. The overall response however was insults, and MuskiePimp gets banned. One guy writes, "Xavier will beat Duke tomorrow" and gets 28 upvotes. I couldn't agree more with XUOWNSUC that the 247 board has a circle jerk mentality.

I'll pile on the hilarious replies by 87 and Nuts. It's the inherent risk when you post on message boards. Don't take it so personally.
    Your Friendly Neighborhood Pimp

I belonged for a while. The recruiting stuff was interesting back then in the Snow days. I got zero from the banter. I love the recruiting stuff, but I was glad when that credit card expired.

Not a fan.
    Tried it for a year but it’s just a private club of guys that are a real clique.
    Broering is highly unimpressive. Could care less about the recruiting stuff cause “stars” mean zero.
    When it comes to that, In Sean I trust.
    Happy to save the money
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell