Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMoeMusketeer View Post
    I'm not a big fan of his for several reasons, but he is VERY well connected locally and throughout College Hoops. I think your latter point is spot-on, he isn't a big Xavier guy by any means, and that occasionally creeps in. I don't think that is a problem for what he does, in fact I often find it endearing that he isn't an over-the-top homer (Xavier has enough of those, believe me) and provides a more neutral take.

I look at his peer at UC, Chad Brendel, and while it is fun that he is the biggest UC Homer on Earth, he lacks any and all objectivity around the Bearcats, so I'm not sure you want that either.
    Fair enough. I’ll take your word for it that he’s well connected but from his podcast and what I have seen that he has written that certainly doesn’t come across.

For what he does, I’d rather have a Xavier guy, that’s just my personal preference. Doesn’t need to be overly homerish but I don’t like boering’s vibe at all. He seems to have some weird chip on his shoulder. I’d much rather have someone like Paul F taking the reins.

Supporting Member
    I’ll also add that Rick knew exactly what he was doing with his bs going into the weekend. It’s abundantly clear now that most of it was much ado about nothing and miller isn’t going anywhere. Does Xavier have some financial issues that need to be addresssed, absolutely. Doesn’t mean Sean is going anywhere, certainly not to Ohio state. Now if Louisville goes after him l, maybe. It’s a top ten program job.
    Last edited by Xville; 02-20-2024 at 08:10 AM.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    For what he does, I’d rather have a Xavier guy, that’s just my personal preference. Doesn’t need to be overly homerish but I don’t like boering’s vibe at all. He seems to have some weird chip on his shoulder. I’d much rather have someone like Paul F taking the reins.
    Certainly get your stance. The analogy I give people when this conversation has come up with people IRL is this: I LOVE the Bengals, but I absolutely never read Geoff Hobson because he works for the team and what he pushes out amounts to propaganda. I read / follow James Rapien, Tony Pike, Mo Egger, Joe Danneman, etc who at least land somewhere around pro-Bengals-neutral. I love Paul's work at Xavier, on Social, and everywhere else, but if he were running that site I'd lump it into the Geoff Hobson bucket on Bengals.com.

However, I realize everyone has their own preferences, so mine may not be for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMoeMusketeer View Post
    I'm not a big fan of his for several reasons, but he is VERY well connected locally and throughout College Hoops. I think your latter point is spot-on, he isn't a big Xavier guy by any means, and that occasionally creeps in. I don't think that is a problem for what he does, in fact I often find it endearing that he isn't an over-the-top homer (Xavier has enough of those, believe me) and provides a more neutral take.

I look at his peer at UC, Chad Brendel, and while it is fun that he is the biggest UC Homer on Earth, he lacks any and all objectivity around the Bearcats, so I'm not sure you want that either.
    Yeah, Rick is way better than Chad in my book. I didn't like Rick's article last week, but, hey, if he helped drive a bunch of nil donors to the program, it could be worse.

He was very good to follow when we were trying to land Miller two years ago.

Junior
    Chad is awful. Rick is head and shoulders better.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Fair enough. I’ll take your word for it that he’s well connected but from his podcast and what I have seen that he has written that certainly doesn’t come across.

1,000 percent agreed